GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Plaid seat replacements/repairs

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Has anyone had their plaid seats repaired? My bolster is worn through from my ass and me liking to sit closer to the wheel. I’ve searched around and couldn’t find any replacement upper seat covers, has anyone replaced theirs? Oh and I got a quote of $250-$1,000 to repair my seat... yikes.
BBC1E4D7-85EF-4FE1-A11C-EEF18B1D7224.jpeg

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Who quoted that price? Pretty broad range for a quote.
A local place here in VA. it was done via email, not in person. I have a friend who repairs interiors but lives in NY where I’m from, he said he can hook me up if I visit this summer but that he would need to thread past the red stitching to have a solid Repair and that it unfortunately would be noticeable. I think a noticeable repair would be much better than what’s currently going on.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
A local place here in VA. it was done via email, not in person. I have a friend who repairs interiors but lives in NY where I’m from, he said he can hook me up if I visit this summer but that he would need to thread past the red stitching to have a solid Repair and that it unfortunately would be noticeable. I think a noticeable repair would be much better than what’s currently going on.
Yeah any repair would be better. Check with a regular upholstery shop for a price.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
VW shows a replacement cover for about $300 - 5GM881805RBBN.
Maybe replace the whole seat from a junk yard. Try car-part.com.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Bro, just find a local interior guy and have it fixed. No more than a couple hundred bucks. IDN who quoted u that price but its WAYYYYY off! Take the seat out and bring it them. Im sure they are adding seat removal to that bill whoever quoted u.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Bro, just find a local interior guy and have it fixed. No more than a couple hundred bucks. IDN who quoted u that price but its WAYYYYY off! Take the seat out and bring it them. Im sure they are adding seat removal to that bill whoever quoted u.
That was a local shop to me.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Since that's obviously a high wear area for you, just have them use a burlier cloth like Dyneema to replace that piece.