GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I seem to recall seeing that somewhere. Let me check on the weekend. Remind me if you don't hear anything by Sunday AM

FEBF64D8-EF37-4DC8-9C46-A6CEBF7276BE.jpeg
Is it the open door alarm?

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Cool. Thanks. The last time I did any of this was on a MkV

If you have the owner's manual, the procedure for each reset (oil and service) is clearly explained, with pictures. Follow them to the letter. Don't do anything but what is in the procedure, step by step. If you do it right, you'll keep the trip odometer reading. The worst thing that can happen is that you'll reset the trip odometer.

cb1111

If you have the owner's manual, the procedure for each reset (oil and service) is clearly explained, with pictures. Follow them to the letter. Don't do anything but what is in the procedure, step by step. If you do it right, you'll keep the trip odometer reading. The worst thing that can happen is that you'll reset the trip odometer.
OMG - that would be a catastrophe. The horror..... :p

But you actually expect me to RTFM?

I actually did that before I bought the car.......... I'm sorry. I know that is against the rules of car ownership....

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
IF a park stop/curb is tall enough to contact the front fascia, will the park distance screecher sensors pick it up? I'm not going to test this one with my... usual methodology.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
IF a park stop/curb is tall enough to contact the front fascia, will the park distance screecher sensors pick it up? I'm not going to test this one with my... usual methodology.
My sensor is behind the vw logo. It’s never picked them up. But for folks who have it lower, maybe?

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Oh wait. Does the acc radar sensor thingy not function like a parking sensor too?
It does. There’s also a hack to make it always show up reversing which is quite useful for Parellel parking.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Oh wait. Does the acc radar sensor thingy not function like a parking sensor too?
I don't think so. In previous cars/trucks, the little round spots are sonar (or ultrasonic I guess) for park distance. My car has them on both bumpers and around the corners, which corresponds to the zones it shows when parking (or driving through the McD's).

I think the ACC uses radar type Tx/Rx?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Am I correct in thinking that the groups for JB4s on VAG cars are (mostly) just for sales tracking right?