GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Sn35582

Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Did a pull since its warming up outside, FMIC seems to be doing its job, but I noticed earlier in the rev range boost is fluctuating more than I think it should, does anything look wrong? Also, whats the highest boost that should be running with a stock DP? I'm thinking I can add a little more boost on the top end since timing and trims seem happy atm. Any insight would be appreciated!

https://datazap.me/u/stephan/map606012021?log=0&data=1-3-4-5-6-9-11-14-15-18-25-28

My target at 5500 is now 7.5, but the rest of the values are accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.PNG
    IMG_0280.PNG
    173.5 KB · Views: 99

phoffman183

Car(s)
16 GTI SE

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Can you run your log again? Just one full throttle pull from 2500 to redline in 3rd gear.

It's possible for boost to blip up for a very short period between shifts. What you need to look at is the boost across the rev range in one pull with at most one shift.

phoffman183

Car(s)
16 GTI SE
Can you run your log again? Just one full throttle pull from 2500 to redline in 3rd gear.

It's possible for boost to blip up for a very short period between shifts. What you need to look at is the boost across the rev range in one pull with at most one shift.
I will do that at lunch and post it but I'm not seeing 28 psi while shifting, it happens during the pull right before I shift then it goes to map 8.
See below, white is Boost, grey is RPM and purple is Map

1623329744691.png

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Silly reference question: After putting in JB1 it does say to WOT a few times for relearn. Where did y'all find the space to send it for that? Everywhere I go is traffic.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Silly reference question: After putting in JB1 it does say to WOT a few times for relearn. Where did y'all find the space to send it for that? Everywhere I go is traffic.
I just floor it in neutral.

phoffman183

Car(s)
16 GTI SE
Well, it aint! ;)
So I logged some more 3rd gear pulls in Map 6, 1 & 0 with the boost safety set @ 30 psi so it wouldn't switch to the safety map.

In map 6 the requested boost was 25-26 psi and actual boost was 15-16 (limited by map 6)
In map 1 the requested boost was 23-24 psi and actual boost was 27-28 (4 psi added by map 1)
In map 0 the requested boost was 24-25 psi and actual boost was 24-25 (No boost added by map 0)

So based on this info my ECU is definitely tuned. Now I just need to find out by who and what stage.

https://datazap.me/u/phoffman183/log-1623411438?log=0&data=1-2-4-23