GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake cooling ducts: Any interest?

Would you be interested in APR Brake Cooling Ducts?

• Yes

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 14.7%

• Total voters

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
And what, are they going to do the aftermarket part special and make it out of C A R B O N F I B R E?

We understand there are OEM options. Our plan is to make something bigger, or better, and be competitively priced. To be competitively priced, we'll use an appropriate material to get to those price points.

That doesn't mean we'll make this product. We're trying to gather interest before doing so. There's a high dollar amount of investment in tooling to do this right.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Arin. Please. No carbon fiber. Please. I can’t even get your open intake. Because it’s cf. please

1623332458311.jpeg

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Can we see the rest of your ducting system?
IMG_20200706_175612 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/186496550@N04/

I don't have a good solution for directing air directly to the back of the rotors, which is why my comments on page 2 requested that piece. My fab skills are lacking. Essentially, I'm using the RS3 ducts as a way to attach the ducting, and likely getting minimal performance. I only ran 2" ducts, as there's just not ton of room to fish ductwork through the engine bay. 2.5" would work... not sure if 3" would without cutting more.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
IMG_20200706_175612 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/186496550@N04/

I don't have a good solution for directing air directly to the back of the rotors, which is why my comments on page 2 requested that piece. My fab skills are lacking. Essentially, I'm using the RS3 ducts as a way to attach the ducting, and likely getting minimal performance. I only ran 2" ducts, as there's just not ton of room to fish ductwork through the engine bay. 2.5" would work... not sure if 3" would without cutting more.

APR, this is what we want.