GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Does anybody happen to know how these will fit with the Superspeed RF03RR? The wheels would be 18x8.5 ET45. There are a few posts here, someone using the RF03RR's with the ProdigyWerks CR4 calipers, and someone discussing the RF05RRs with the Macans... Their website says it offers "excellent big brake clearance"... Since my current wheels are already 18x8.5 ET35, they're pretty much flush, and I have a feeling using even 5mm spacers to fit the these will make them poke out too much for my liking. Which would push me towards getting another new set of wheels.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Won’t clear without a spacer. I had the RF03RR in et45 and the spokes closest to the hub would contact the caliper. It's been a while but I remember even a 10mm spacer was really close so I used a 15mm.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Won’t clear without a spacer. I had the RF03RR in et45 and the spokes closest to the hub would contact the caliper. It's been a while but I remember even a 10mm spacer was really close so I used a 15mm.

Thanks. ET45 wheels with a 15mm spacer would poke just as much as my current ET35 wheels with a 5mm spacer, so looks like those wheels wouldn't solve my (potential) poke issue...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Thanks. ET45 wheels with a 15mm spacer would poke just as much as my current ET35 wheels with a 5mm spacer, so looks like those wheels wouldn't solve my (potential) poke issue...
My konigs have silly amount of clearance with the PP calipers, and don’t break the bank while still being much better quality that cheap cast reps.

9AF3AE90-BA25-4F40-898A-8AFB05EE219D.jpeg
0861948A-774C-4C08-AC69-51B07179E47F.jpeg
212E8810-CB43-4F2C-A729-3AEBA05704AF.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
My konigs have silly amount of clearance with the PP calipers, and don’t break the bank while still being much better quality that cheap cast reps.

View attachment 215701View attachment 215702View attachment 215703

Are Superspeed regarded as as cheap cast reps? Legitimately don't know lol. My current rims are. It was like $540 for the set of wanna be Volks.

At this point though, if they poke too much for my liking, I'm just going to say fuck it and get a set of RSE10's. Confirmed fitment, no spacers required.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Are Superspeed regarded as as cheap cast reps? Legitimately don't know lol. My current rims are. It was like $540 for the set of wanna be Volks.

At this point though, if they poke too much for my liking, I'm just going to say fuck it and get a set of RSE10's. Confirmed fitment, no spacers required.
No superspeeds seem good, I just don’t think the pricing is as good for US buyers.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No superspeeds seem good, I just don’t think the pricing is as good for US buyers.

Ahh.

Not sure what they are in Canada, but CariD has them for under $900 for the set, which doesn't seem too bad to me.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Ahh.

Not sure what they are in Canada, but CariD has them for under $900 for the set, which doesn't seem too bad to me.

I purchased the RF03RR directly from Super Speed last year and they shipped to my door in TX for $880 USD. If you email info@super-speed.ca they are reasonably responsive. Maybe the RF05RR offers better brake clearance?

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Drove 60 miles to grab my calipers and they weren't ready even though I was told they would be after about 2 weeks. Kinda frustrated but they offered to drop it off when it was done. Just got sent the pics and I'm happy with the results so far. Ended up going with a simple black and a metallic clear powder coat.

Attachments

• IMG-0310.jpg
    IMG-0310.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG-0308.jpg
    IMG-0308.jpg
    844.4 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG-0309.jpg
    IMG-0309.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 156