GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
I was thinking of the PP floating calipers. Are the Macan floating calipers?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Part out!

Sspeed

I just did this setup on my MK 7 R. I'm having the similar spongy pedal feel before the brakes are really biting. I did the recommended obd11 tweaks. I haven't really seen any info on people upgrading the master cylinder. Has anyone tried upgrading the mc? I've seen some people use the ttrs mc, but haven't confirmed people have tried that on MK7's. Also, I guess people recommend greasing the seals, I havent done that and may try that. I think the next recommendation would be to add Residual Pressure Valves. Didn't know if I should look into changing master cylinders before the RPV. thanks!

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
I just did this setup on my MK 7 R. I'm having the similar spongy pedal feel before the brakes are really biting. I did the recommended obd11 tweaks. I haven't really seen any info on people upgrading the master cylinder. Has anyone tried upgrading the mc? I've seen some people use the ttrs mc, but haven't confirmed people have tried that on MK7's. Also, I guess people recommend greasing the seals, I havent done that and may try that. I think the next recommendation would be to add Residual Pressure Valves. Didn't know if I should look into changing master cylinders before the RPV. thanks!
Are you on TTRS caliper or Macan?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Rebleed, hit the calipers with a rubber mallet, drive it around unless it's dangerous. My car had a very soft pedal for about 50 miles and then it worked out whatever bubble was there, only OBD11 tweaks done to it. Exhaust that before you go too far, I'm 100% happy with my pedal feel.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Rebleed, hit the calipers with a rubber mallet, drive it around unless it's dangerous. My car had a very soft pedal for about 50 miles and then it worked out whatever bubble was there, only OBD11 tweaks done to it. Exhaust that before you go too far, I'm 100% happy with my pedal feel.

I plan on pushing like 10L of fluid through mine. If I can ever get them on lol... A soft spongey pedal is the one thing I'm worried about, but I think I'm hitting all the checkboxes. Not against doing the RPV's if I have to.

Sspeed

Cool thanks! Yea I think definitely will rebleed before anything else.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Cool thanks! Yea I think definitely will rebleed before anything else.

The answer for these calipers is RRG on seals and bleed, then bleed, then bleed again. If that fails, bleed them.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was serious about 10L of fluid...

Probably overkill. It's more about doing a good high pressure bleed in the correct order, driving the shit out of it to activate the ABS, then rebleeding.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Probably overkill. It's more about doing a good high pressure bleed in the correct order, driving the shit out of it to activate the ABS, then rebleeding.

You've followed this project of mine from the beginning, you should know 'overkill' is the entire name of this project 😂

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT

+1

I used 1/2 that amount of fluid, and 3 seperate bleeds with a Motive bleeder. Each time doing a dozen or so 70-10 runs. I'm 100% happy with pedal feel.