GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPC IS20 Hybrid from stock

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
I spoke to apr last week. I asked if their stage 3 is38 tune needed a downpipe. I was told it did but the tune is no longer available.
They still do the is38 tune but they don't have a file that clears the CEL because of the emission crackdown. Downpipe is def needed to get the most out of the is38 tune

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
They still do the is38 tune but they don't have a file that clears the CEL because of the emission crackdown. Downpipe is def needed to get the most out of the is38 tune
Dang they told me differently. Gonna call again

thanks for the info

Slick99

Ready to race!
And that turbo would be pretty laggy on a 1.8 with no exhaust cam adjustment right?

Does A3 1.8T ROW comes with exhaust cam adjustment?

Slick99

Ready to race!
Your going to need mpi for fueling for that hybrid turbo. Your only choice for that with the 1.8 is United Motorsports. If you don't want to invest in the mpi, then just stick with an is20 or is38

i m thinking to go for IS38 straight from IS12 stock turbo on A3 jb4 tuned, i dont want instant low-end torque of IS20 due to A3 DQ200 weaker gearbox. Do you think oem IS38 would be better choice over hybrid IS20? Which tuner does IS38 tune map for 1.8T?

Slick99

Ready to race!
Does your car have 8 silver cylinders on the top back of the head?

yes i do see shiny 8 cylinders on the top behind the coils.

Slick99

Ready to race!

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
OP, any chance you'd look at the TPC18 they are coming out with that is supposed to be the best of both worlds.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie