GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Spys in Your Car

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
"What happened to that guy?", was a woman, a bit weird, worked in admin dept & for some she reason took a 'serious' fancy to me despite I hardly spoke to her and everyone knew I was (and still am) in a long-term relationship. She left the co. we both worked for, but managment & HR were kept informed. I am well capable of defending myself if necessary but and let's just say 'things were put in place' to monitor and protect my family should it become necessary. So, yeah, privacy mostly isn't a problem or even an issue, until it is.

Should prob also add that a mate is a CCTV operative and he said they DO monitor people walking around, especially lone people at nite, walking to their car, etc, So while we aren't likely 100% safe or protetced, these folks do try to look out for us, though we should still keep our eyes open. Stay safe people....

Last edited:

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
If I decide to go rogue, yeah I am ditching all electronics and buying a car from 1984, or even better a horse :). Yeah I am pretty sure my CarNet is collecting my driving data and storing it somewhere and pretty soon if not already every car will have equivalent of a “black box” that law enforcement can retrieve and use against you if needed. Cellphones, tablets, GPS units, bazillion of cameras on public streets, license plate scanner....there is really no way to stay incognito unless you pull the plug and go off grid...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If I decide to go rogue, yeah I am ditching all electronics and buying a car from 1984, or even better a horse :). Yeah I am pretty sure my CarNet is collecting my driving data and storing it somewhere and pretty soon if not already every car will have equivalent of a “black box” that law enforcement can retrieve and use against you if needed. Cellphones, tablets, GPS units, bazillion of cameras on public streets, license plate scanner....there is really no way to stay incognito unless you pull the plug and go off grid...
I thought most new cars already have a black box. Like with Tiger Woods accident they could tell the speed he was going and that he didn't attempt to use the brakes.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I hope all that data allows them to catch the psychos that shot up the club in Miami Friday.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R

I am convinced that law enforcement has become so dependent on tech to track people and log info, that it is easier to fall off the grid now than ever.

I thought most new cars already have a black box. Like with Tiger Woods accident they could tell the speed he was going and that he didn't attempt to use the brakes.

The airbag module does this. Pretty much has since inception. A good portion of the data is required for airbag deployment decision making. It will snapshot before a deployment and after to analyze after the fact. In newer vehicles the decision making has gotten so accurate, that it will now go the data to analyze even if there is no deployment. Had a customer who crashed off the side of the road, no airbags, but the data was logged. Had a manufacturer rep out for 8 hours taking pictures and recovering data. Needless to say his lawsuit was fruitless.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I am convinced that law enforcement has become so dependent on tech to track people and log info, that it is easier to fall off the grid now than ever.
I swear they can’t get shit done without some kind of snitch. Rather it’s a fleshy snitch or an electric one. Fuck cops

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I swear they can’t get shit done without some kind of snitch. Rather it’s a fleshy snitch or an electric one. Fuck cops
Blame the cop or the criminal? Those who get caught are almost never sorry they did it.

I will say living off the grid in the woods is a long-term goal of mine. Too much government and over reaching of corporate entities for my liking thigh I just placed an order for a loaded Aviator for the wife and the MY22 will have on air updates to all car systems. This is why my next car will be a project 964.

Last edited:

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I can’t agree with fuck cops. Like all walks of like there are good and bad to all. The bad ones unfortunately take center stage. I agree to an extent though. Most have gotten lazy, but I feel that is more on a federal level than a local level.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I can’t agree with fuck cops. Like all walks of like there are good and bad to all. The bad ones unfortunately take center stage. I agree to an extent though. Most have gotten lazy, but I feel that is more on a federal level than a local level.
I agree. The bad cops have made the good cops lives miserable. Phoenix is way short of the number of authorized cops and they aren't getting job applications from new people.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I respect your opinion. As misguided as it is 😂

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I won't pretend to assume your experiences or your opinion. I respect how you feel, I know things are not the same for everyone. Sorry to hear that you have had to deal with anything like that. In a perfect world we wouldn't need law enforcement.
👍🏽