GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

battle.munky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Tornado Red 2017 Mk7
Hello everyone! First post, so go easy on me :)

I removed the sonuvab!+ch3n/motherfrakkin death metal bezel ring trim piece of the DSG shifter. Tired of getting cut. We taped it up a while back but the tape just looks janky. Funny enough, while the portions of it that is peeling on its own came off easily, the part that isn't peeling is nearly irremovable. I'm going to paint over and reinstall it and hope it looks ok enough and if not, I'll buy a replacement.

Also properly seated the console cubby. It was just flopping around since we bought it. If anyone has that issue, google it, its super simple once you know what you are looking for.

Edit: New! Improved! Now with more pics!
I thought I was close to reinstalling but then I touched the paint I thought was dry...

Attachments

• IMG-2224.jpg
    IMG-2224.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG-2222.jpg
    IMG-2222.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG-2223.jpg
    IMG-2223.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG-2225.jpg
    IMG-2225.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG-2226.jpg
    IMG-2226.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG-2228.jpg
    IMG-2228.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Looks like you were hanging from the ceiling to take a couple of those pictures. 😂

I was up there basically all day installing conduit and pulling wire. 100* in the shop, and the scaffolding wasn’t tall enough to properly reach (pitch of the roof wouldn’t allow the last section to fit unless I turned it 90* and constantly took the top tier off to work anywhere but the middle).

It was an extremely physical 10 hour day getting all of that done yesterday. I can’t tell you how many times I climbed up and down with tools and stuff. Even the low end of the roof is 13’.

Originally the plan was to rent a JLG, but that didn’t work out and I only had help two days so I bought scaffolding which was a project in itself (it was stored up in the rafters of a big old barn).

Long story short I’m glad I got it done because it saved me at least $2,000 or more doing it my self, but it wasn’t fun haha.

battle.munky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Tornado Red 2017 Mk7
Just this morning I reinstalled the bezel from the gearshifter. Looks pretty close but not perfect. I may have to figure out how to wrap stuff and start going nuts on all the trim. I wonder if they have a Tornado Red wrap, or close enough to it anyway?

Here's pics of the final:

Attachments

• IMG-2229.jpg
    IMG-2229.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG-2230.jpg
    IMG-2230.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG-2231.jpg
    IMG-2231.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 84

battle.munky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Tornado Red 2017 Mk7
I was up there basically all day installing conduit and pulling wire. 100* in the shop, and the scaffolding wasn’t tall enough to properly reach (pitch of the roof wouldn’t allow the last section to fit unless I turned it 90* and constantly took the top tier off to work anywhere but the middle).

It was an extremely physical 10 hour day getting all of that done yesterday. I can’t tell you how many times I climbed up and down with tools and stuff. Even the low end of the roof is 13’.

Originally the plan was to rent a JLG, but that didn’t work out and I only had help two days so I bought scaffolding which was a project in itself (it was stored up in the rafters of a big old barn).

Long story short I’m glad I got it done because it saved me at least $2,000 or more doing it my self, but it wasn’t fun haha.
That is one badass shop dude. Every minute older I get the more I want a lift. Rolling around on the floor or a creeper gets older and older every time I do it.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
That is one badass shop dude. Every minute older I get the more I want a lift. Rolling around on the floor or a creeper gets older and older every time I do it.

Thanks, I’m the same way! I did it the hard way for way too long, the way I justify it to the wife is if I’m gonna do it I might as well do it now and get my use out of it.

Decided to pull the trigger on AC, since I’m out there so much there’s no reason to suffer in 100* heat (I get enough of that at my aviation job).

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
Just this morning I reinstalled the bezel from the gearshifter. Looks pretty close but not perfect. I may have to figure out how to wrap stuff and start going nuts on all the trim. I wonder if they have a Tornado Red wrap, or close enough to it anyway?

Here's pics of the final:
Klii will sell their color matched vinyl in whatever size you need.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Ordered a set of Indy 500 255/35r18 tires for the Flow one F2 rims I purchased earlier this month. Stoked to get the new wheels on!!!