GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Cornflower Blue GTI / Golf Thread

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Possibly one of the last (if not the last) colors without a thread? So here ya go, post up your pics.

Here's mine.
I’ve been thinking about changing the mirror caps on mine for black ones since I had my allo refurbed.

DABA8EFB-6886-4A8E-A277-25567C1F391B.jpeg

The black spoiler on the back window is a nice touch, too!

rip steakface

Go Kart Newbie
I’ve been thinking about changing the mirror caps on mine for black ones since I had my allo refurbed.

View attachment 214556

The black spoiler on the back window is a nice touch, too!
i like the body colored mirrors. don't know when all the black mirror caps started to become so popular, but it seems like everything has them now. there was a time when black mirrors were the poverty spec standard! same with the spoiler in the back. body colored flows with the car better. maybe it's just me...

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
i like the body colored mirrors. don't know when all the black mirror caps started to become so popular, but it seems like everything has them now. there was a time when black mirrors were the poverty spec standard! same with the spoiler in the back. body colored flows with the car better. maybe it's just me...
I think BMW started it with the original Mini, if I'm honest. I agree with you, I remember when the matte black mirror caps where there to make it obvious to people you had bought the "cheap" one - my first Golf was a Mark 5 SE, with the black door handles, side strips and bumper trims and I used to look longingly at the Match model and wish I had one like that instead (especially for the wheels on it). My parents have a 2019 Autobiography Range Rover Sport - it's white with a black roof, mirror caps and gloss badging/window trims - and it does look really good with it. (No black alloys, it doesn't look like it belongs to a drug dealer!) Their last one was a burgundy coloured HSE with body coloured mirrors (I think) and I dunno, all of a sudden the differentiation does seem to make a difference/finish the car off nicely).

I guess it's just a trend thing more than anything else. I would do mine in gloss black (if I decide to go for it) but I can't make my mind up about the spoiler. There's a red GTI I keep seeing, Mark 7, with a body kit on it that looks like a VW upgraded one and every time I see it I think hmm, how would that look on mine..

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I agree with you and have said the same thing. I don't get it either.

rip steakface

Go Kart Newbie
I think BMW started it with the original Mini, if I'm honest. I agree with you, I remember when the matte black mirror caps where there to make it obvious to people you had bought the "cheap" one - my first Golf was a Mark 5 SE, with the black door handles, side strips and bumper trims and I used to look longingly at the Match model and wish I had one like that instead (especially for the wheels on it). My parents have a 2019 Autobiography Range Rover Sport - it's white with a black roof, mirror caps and gloss badging/window trims - and it does look really good with it. (No black alloys, it doesn't look like it belongs to a drug dealer!) Their last one was a burgundy coloured HSE with body coloured mirrors (I think) and I dunno, all of a sudden the differentiation does seem to make a difference/finish the car off nicely).

I guess it's just a trend thing more than anything else. I would do mine in gloss black (if I decide to go for it) but I can't make my mind up about the spoiler. There's a red GTI I keep seeing, Mark 7, with a body kit on it that looks like a VW upgraded one and every time I see it I think hmm, how would that look on mine..
i currently have a 2019 white SE and it has body color mirrors and rear spoiler. i was at the dealer yesterday and there was a newer white GTI with black mirrors and spoiler. to me the black spoiler looks like an afterthought, like it was just tacked on and not painted. sometimes you lose it altogether depending on what's behind it 🤷‍♂️

kilby

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 GTI, 2019 GLI,
Like the colour, like the way it drives, like the lightweight, forged wheels but HATE the software on my new '21. No boost gauge, no "G-Meter" no option to display the oil temperature in the centre stack like my '16 and my wife's '19 GLI. VW Canada has been no help at all, I think the software from the Mk8 has been used in this last year of 7.5 production and it needs a LOT of work.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3a86.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3a86.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 126

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Like the colour, like the way it drives, like the lightweight, forged wheels but HATE the software on my new '21. No boost gauge, no "G-Meter" no option to display the oil temperature in the centre stack like my '16 and my wife's '19 GLI. VW Canada has been no help at all, I think the software from the Mk8 has been used in this last year of 7.5 production and it needs a LOT of work.
Interesting @kilby

Canadian-spec Rabbits have the Performance Monitor with boost, oil temp, etc.

Is your car a Canadian ‘21 Autobahn?

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
CCF8FCF4-0207-4010-BCDA-2EA7F701AB68.jpeg

vdub761

Go Kart Newbie
Those wheels hit. Aren’t they super light too?
Yea there Super light like 18 LBs or something you can tell when doing tire swaps for sure.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Looks like only two 2021 Cornflower Blues remain in the U.S., one at VW South Charlotte (NC) and one at Car Pros Volkswagen at San Berardino (CA), both SE DSGs. Some sites show one at VW Latham (NY), but it's actually DIB.

Shark Blue GTI

Car(s)
'21 CFB GTI
Looks like only two 2021 Cornflower Blues remain in the U.S., one at VW South Charlotte (NC) and one at Car Pros Volkswagen at San Berardino (CA), both SE DSGs. Some sites show one at VW Latham (NY), but it's actually DIB.

Meanwhile there are 65 for sale at dealers in Canada, all Cornflower. A dealer 40 KM from me has 3 of them alone.