GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 to MK7.5 headlights

PierreHoyek

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI MK7
Hey,
I have the lighting package mk7 headlights and want to put the 7.5 led headlights..the only aftermarket ones i found that work with the LP mk7 are the osram ones, but they cost a fortune..and all the others are only compatible with the mk7 with the halogens package…any other options that dont cost a foot and a hand?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No.

I don't mean to be so direct, but there isn't.

Elcheapo Loco

Ready to race!
Check on aliexpress.com. I just bought my LED projector for MK7 with halogen, but saw package for MK7.5 with xenon
Can you please share the name of the seller/store and your experience? I'm a bit apprehensive on spending $500 on aliexpress.

Bosun

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDi
Check on aliexpress.com. I just bought my LED projector for MK7 with halogen, but saw package for MK7.5 with xenon
Can you please share the name of the seller/store and your experience? I'm a bit apprehensive on spending $500 on aliexpress.
There is my order $771CA with delivery. My long search end up with this one.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001557377124.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.309f4c4dGSaaAp.
BECAutoparts.com, is out of business, not sale any more, he sent me his supplier on Alibaba, good headlight price $470...., but shipment $600US

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
There is my order $771CA with delivery. My long search end up with this one.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001557377124.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.309f4c4dGSaaAp.
BECAutoparts.com, is out of business, not sale any more, he sent me his supplier on Alibaba, good headlight price $470...., but shipment $600US
This kit still looks like a halogen (10 pin headlight connector) upgrade. OP I believe has factory Bi-xenon lights (14 pin headlight connector) and wants to update from the MK7 to the 7.5 look. Osram is the only one I believe that has them, and even then I believe it's for the Low-line Bi-xenons that only auto level and don't have full AFS with side to side movement when turning. I picked up the Osram Xenons to do a retrofit based off another user that had done a MK7 LP GTI to Osram Xenon swap, this requires a different AFS module than LP NAR vehicles come with and only supports up and down movement.

In order to swap factory 7.5 LP lights you'd have to swap almost, if not all, of the front end body panels over as well due to the style change. The OEM MK7 and 7.5 lights are different shapes along with the fenders, hood and bumper. This also adds some difficulty if you have DAP with collision or ACC as the radar was moved between the 7 and 7.5.

Bosun

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDi
Pretty sure you can’t put 7.5 headlights in a 7 unless you change the wings, bumper, bonnet etc.
I talked with Ed (becautoparts.com) about the interchangeability of MK7 and MK7.5, he said that they are interchangeable, the mount is the same, they differ cosmetically. You can trust him, he has sold hundreds of headlights.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I talked with Ed (becautoparts.com) about the interchangeability of MK7 and MK7.5, he said that they are interchangeable, the mount is the same, they differ cosmetically. You can trust him, he has sold hundreds of headlights.
That's the halogen upgrade ones. Which are still molded to either MK7 or 7.5 Halogen light styles, the insides are just interchangeable to look either MK7 or 7.5. True OEM Bi-Xenons can't be swapped between the two body styles without changing out other items as the headlights are physically shaped differently.

Ed was selling halogen upgrades, so you would pick if you wanted Bi-xenon looks from the MK7 or 7.5 in either a MK7 or 7.5 Headlight fit. You could be a MK7 and get Halogen upgrades that look like 7.5, but are still 7 shaped and vise versa, that isn't the case for Factory Bi-xenons as no one makes a 14-pin Bi-xenon that retains full AFS (Up, down, left, right) and other DAP upgrade functionality.

TL/DR OP has Bi-Xenons from factory and can't use Eds headlights as Ed sells Halogen Upgrades that don't have AFS and are still made for a 10 pin connection.

Last edited:

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Pretty sure you can’t put 7.5 headlights in a 7 unless you change the wings, bumper, bonnet etc.
Correct.

There‘ve been a few discussion threads on fitting certain mk7.5 front end parts to a mk7; there are subtle differences which mean they won’t fit unless you change all the parts you’ve listed.

PierreHoyek

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI MK7
Thanks guys, so yea i have to change alot of parts to fit oem 7.5 headlight and honestly its not worth it and apparently no after market for my car ( LP with up and down and side to side)

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
7.5 lights wont fit on a 7, and this has been covered in many threads.

Google site:golfmk7.com mk7.5 headlight conversion and you'll find all the info you could ever want, with only results from this site