GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COTA Races - post them here

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Good luck. Tickets are almost sold out when I went in this morning. Snagged a seat in turn 12. Should've done general admission, but I think it's going to be crazy crowded. For lemans or moto gp race that isn't very popular, I would, but not F1

I found that turn 9, 12,15 were the best. I can't imagine paying the premium for grandstand seats
Ha, yeah, I can't get my family organized that quick, so probably another round of GA for us. Last time I forgot that I always carry a pocket knife and that they have metal detectors out there. I hid it under a parking curb by the main ticket stand and somehow it was still there when I came out.

18 was pretty cool, you can see Turna 1-2 clearly and 19-20, you just lose the main straight away when they go through the pits/grandstands.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Ha, yeah, I can't get my family organized that quick, so probably another round of GA for us. Last time I forgot that I always carry a pocket knife and that they have metal detectors out there. I hid it under a parking curb by the main ticket stand and somehow it was still there when I came out.

I sent it a message to everyone that they had 1hr to decide. No one responded, but in that 1hr, when I logged back in, was put in a queue and I was #63. By that time, there were no group seats in turn 12. Just about 20 individual seats.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just found out GT world challenge race was this weekend. Was upset that I didn't get emailed about it, but realized they didn't sell any tickets for it. What bs. Granted with the flood level of rain we've been getting, would have been bad anyway.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Just found out GT world challenge race was this weekend. Was upset that I didn't get emailed about it, but realized they didn't sell any tickets for it. What bs. Granted with the flood level of rain we've been getting, would have been bad anyway.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Nascar at COTA today and tomorrow.

Also Lamborghini Trofeo race this evening.

Interesting seeing a thousand different racing lines vs F1 or even the Lemans series.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Do they race in the rain, or are they still little girls?

They definitely raced in the rain. Actually very few spins or offs.

The trucks were hilarious completely ignoring the track and using the whole runoff as part of the track especially turn 15. I know it sounds like not a big deal, but the runoff is huge. Wish I got a video of it.

Sad part is I'm more excited about the Lamborghini race

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Here's what I was referring to about running through the runoff. Should be against the rules.

Edit: interesting. I didn't delete this video. YouTube must've removed it and didn't even inform me

Let's try this again

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Interesting line for car 197 on turn 15

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Turn 1 defending

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Went for the Saturday this last weekend for the US F1 GP. Saw the Sprint Qualifying and Sprint Race; lots of other support races on that day too including Porsche Cup and F1 Academy. But the one I really enjoyed was the Masters Classic exhibition race - F1 cars from the 60s, 70s and early 80s, they sound so much better than the current cars! It will be great if ever they start bring the V10 era cars into that too....forever the best sound of F1 in my book. Couple of clips of the view from T12 stand below, showing Sainz putting in an overtake. A very good day out despite it being blazingly hot! According to my phone we walked a good 8 miles. Parked at Austin Race Parking across from the T11 entrance on Elroy Road, was able to get out a lot quicker at the end of the day compared to people in the official lots there.

Last edited: