GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Site Questions/Issues/Requests

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
^ I have the same issue

The save function is not working either. You can reply to someone to put their comment into the text box and if you go to another page it disappears.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Is there somewhere that explains what a users "reaction score" and "points" are and how they are calculated? Just curious. I'm happy to do some recreational reading if anyone can provide a link.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is there somewhere that explains what a users "reaction score" and "points" are and how they are calculated? Just curious. I'm happy to do some recreational reading if anyone can provide a link.
I don't know how the points are calculated but they top out at 113. The reaction scores is the combined total of "likes and 😂" etc that a person has received in their posts. Hope that's what you were asking.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I don't know how the points are calculated but they top out at 113. The reaction scores is the combined total of "likes and 😂" etc that a person has received in their posts. Hope that's what you were asking.
Mostly. I was just curious if it was a time/rate function or simple summation. The random stupid questions thread got me thinking about it and if there was any way to judge the quality of someone's contributions from it or if someone could just carpet bomb 3,000 posts in a week and hope to get enough reactions.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Mostly. I was just curious if it was a time/rate function or simple summation. The random stupid questions thread got me thinking about it and if there was any way to judge the quality of someone's contributions from it or if someone could just carpet bomb 3,000 posts in a week and hope to get enough reactions.
3000 in a week would be a full time job but you could do it.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Guess who's at the top of the reaction board?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Ideally, that would be the case. Posting quality, helpful content would get the reactions, and it could be loosely used to gauge that.

Unfortunately, one particular thread that will remain nameless killed any hope of that. It's nothing but a circle jerk of liking each other's posts and completely killed any validity to the reaction score.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?members/&key=highest_reaction_score

It's a club, and you ain't invited 😂

Notice how everyone on there participates in "that thread"? Before that thread existed, a high reaction score was like... 1,000.
I'm not far off the bottom spot! Honestly, I probably benefit a lot from that thread too. The off topic threads shouldn't count.

Back on topic - I'm thinking ratio of reaction score to posts is indicative of something.
Like yours indicates you're helpful (or at least funny) because yours is higher than your post count:
Screenshot_20210520-115945.png

But several people on that list needed 10k plus posts to get over 1,600 reaction score.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm not far off the bottom spot! Honestly, I probably benefit a lot from that thread too. The off topic threads shouldn't count.

Back on topic - I'm thinking ratio of reaction score to posts is indicative of something.
Like yours indicates you're helpful (or at least funny) because yours is higher than your post count:
View attachment 214240

But several people on that list needed 10k plus posts to get over 1,600 reaction score.

I take pride in that.

Funny, more than helpful, but I try.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

View attachment 214240

This is one of my best ones with 29.

Post in thread 'Anyone with photoshop' https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/anyone-with-photoshop.381176/post-7566548

I'd be curious to see what the most reacted to post on the forums is.