GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
When you guys installed the power cable did you route to the accessory area or directly to the battery terminals? I followed the OSRAM diy video which showed them connect directly to terminals but the accessory area hookup looks like a cleaner install.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I managed to route mine into the engine's fuse box. Made for a clean install with the extra wire tucked under the intake.

thethickness

Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI
Quick update:

Over a week now and still no response from Osram besides an automated message from their CRM system notifying me of extended response times due to current conditions in Germany. I haven't been paying much attention to the news, so as of this morning I *completely* understand why they're not getting back to me—Germany's under strict covid restrictions for another (renewed) two weeks and the CS folks at Osram likely aren't working at the moment.

I think I may tinker with it this weekend to see what went wrong.

One more update...

Still radio silence from Osram. Third wave of Covid hitting Germany appears to have them in heightened restrictions for the foreseeable future according to the news this week, so it looks like I'll be swapping the stock headlights back in for the time being and hope that things improve over there in the coming months. Not even irritated—mostly feel bad that things are worsening there to the point where even support people aren't working.

Really glad at this point that my cheap ass didn't sell the stockers to recoup some initial spend :p

cblock406

Ready to race!
I had my camera out the other night and thought I'd try and get some better pics of these. We haven't had any issues whatsoever with the lights, condensation doesn't appear to be an issue anymore either, only noticed it the first couple weeks they were installed.

Last edited:

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I had my camera out the other night and thought I'd try and get some better pics of these. We haven't had any issues whatsoever with the lights, condensation doesn't appear to be an issue anymore either, only noticed it the first couple weeks they were installed.

These things look so good they almost don’t work aesthetically for the cars they get installed on 😂

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
That's the 7.5 version?

For reference, the MK7.5 version of the Osrams have an inner "dummy" projector in the spot closest to the grille, whereas the MK7 have trapezoidal LED lights in that spot.

chuncomunco

Passed Driver's Ed
One more update...

Still radio silence from Osram. Third wave of Covid hitting Germany appears to have them in heightened restrictions for the foreseeable future according to the news this week, so it looks like I'll be swapping the stock headlights back in for the time being and hope that things improve over there in the coming months. Not even irritated—mostly feel bad that things are worsening there to the point where even support people aren't working.

Really glad at this point that my cheap ass didn't sell the stockers to recoup some initial spend :p
I had a slight LED dimming issue on the left side DRLs which bothered me. I was able to get in touch with OSRAM Europe since my reseller completely ignored my message. They told me to send original receipt and take a few pictures of the issue and they actually sent me a replacement headlight about 2 months later.

Try sending an inquiry to automotive-service@osram.com