GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

dest1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Hey all, had a question. I was going WOT tonight and I popped a CEL. I pulled the codes and I got a P0087 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low error.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm running Map 4 on my 2019 Golf R.

Firmware version 60/88//5.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Hey all, had a question. I was going WOT tonight and I popped a CEL. I pulled the codes and I got a P0087 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low error.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm running Map 4 on my 2019 Golf R.

Firmware version 60/88//5.
Any other mods? Increase FOL by 10 and run a log.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
No mods with exception to a resonator delete. I changed the FOL to 40, I'll try to data log soon.
Sounds low I thought default as 45. Try that. Buy it new?

dest1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
I got it second hand but with the settings reset to default. The FOL was 50 originally.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
When you had the issue? I'm not following. I said raise it 10 and you said it's now 40 so I assumed you had the issue when it was at 30. I think default is 45. If it was lower, set it there. If it was higher, likely another issue. I'd then double check to see if the fuel wire is connected correctly.

dest1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
When you had the issue? I'm not following. I said raise it 10 and you said it's now 40 so I assumed you had the issue when it was at 30. I think default is 45. If it was lower, set it there. If it was higher, likely another issue. I'd then double check to see if the fuel wire is connected correctly.
Ah sorry, I misread your original response and set the FOL lower by 10 than what it was. I had the CEL with the FOL at 50.

I have it currently sent to 40.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
back to 50 and check the connections. Sounds like your not getting the required fuel add. 50 should be fine for map 2.

dest1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
back to 50 and check the connections. Sounds like your not getting the required fuel add. 50 should be fine for map 2.

I'm running Map 4 currently, 50 should be OK for that, right?

I'm using an EBay AFR harness. I'll look at it and make sure the connection is secure.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I'm running Map 4 currently, 50 should be OK for that, right?

I'm using an EBay AFR harness. I'll look at it and make sure the connection is secure.
yup and I also run an ebay harness but they do vary by year and model so if the wrong one, you're not getting the right fuel info to the JB4. It's happened before.

Last edited:

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Time for better help than I can give you. Trim (fuel) is a bit high but not in a problem range. Your advance is really low at high RPM and that's not right. You're losing a lot of power and I wonder if the ecu is compensating for something since you don't have excessive cylinder pinging. Check/remake all connections. What you might try is turning the FOL another 10 for a log and see if the trims drops into the low/mid 30s. If not, it would indicate the fuel wire is not hooked up correctly. Won't hurt anything but beyond that, I don't know. Also do a map 0 log to see if stock is not having the same issue. Next would be a FW reflash and if no change, contact George.