GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

trashb0y

Ready to race!
mine was flickering like that as well, only on the passenger side.

for me, i left the mint green wire (for fogs) taped up and not plugged into anything. i followed the steps in this video, and skipped the part where he talks about the rear fogs.

you'll have an issue after coding like this where only one of the reverse lights light up, and you'll have a soft fault (which you would have regardless of whether you used long coding or the Apps functionality).
follow the steps in this thread to resolve both issues.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-led-tails-with-dap-harness-for-mk7-r.370593/

ricola_mk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Mk7.5 GTI
mine was flickering like that as well, only on the passenger side.

for me, i left the mint green wire (for fogs) taped up and not plugged into anything. i followed the steps in this video, and skipped the part where he talks about the rear fogs.

you'll have an issue after coding like this where only one of the reverse lights light up, and you'll have a soft fault (which you would have regardless of whether you used long coding or the Apps functionality).
follow the steps in this thread to resolve both issues.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-led-tails-with-dap-harness-for-mk7-r.370593/
Got it fixed thanks! It was a coding issue from the DAP app, had to long code it in the end.

Anyone know what Lauchte 16 and 17 are? I'm trying to get Scandinavian working for the Euros.

Thanks!

OG McGibblets

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI
wondering if shopdap vs bec harness is better?
i thought i would go DAP because of the obd11 app, but if that does not work that seems like a waste of money then.
seems like BEC is easier/quicker to install? also cheaper

C0YS

I have a MK7.5R USA market with the face lift dynamic tails

I’m wondering if someone could help, shop DAP harness, with the lights set to AUTO in the car the rear running lights do not illuminate in the day or night conditions unless the turn signals or 4ways are activated.

Sweeping turn signal function and Brake lights work as intended.

The running lights are also not on when braking as well. They also don’t activate when the other switch functions are used too.

Does anyone know what the default stock MK 7.5R coding is and what coding activates the running lights

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Last night I did the install on the BEC/Ed's Euro R tails, and they're gorgeous. Wiring instructions were great, and everything went as expected. Just one (very minor) issue/question -- when unlocking the car, I have a standard 'blink' of the turn signals, rather than the 'dynamic/fluid' behavior -- is there a way to code for that? Turn signals are dynamic and work without an issue, it's only the unlock lights that still exhibit 'normal' style blink rather than the dynamic blink.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
What's your coding for "Außenlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_auf"? Is it set to active?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
What's your coding for "Außenlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_auf"? Is it set to active?

I'll check tonight when I get home, I don't believe I touched that one at all per the coding instructions. I'll look at what it's coded as presently, and try setting it to Active.

Here's what I worked off of (wrote down the old values in pencil just in case)

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20210504_233904.jpg
    20210504_233904.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 597
  • 20210504_233912.jpg
    20210504_233912.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 570

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I'll check tonight when I get home, I don't believe I touched that one at all per the coding instructions. I'll look at what it's coded as presently, and try setting it to Active.

Here's what I worked off of (wrote down the old values in pencil just in case)

Thank you!

Thanks @ZERO815 -- Außenlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_auf and Außenlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_zu were not set to Active -- I've got the desired unlock/lock behavior now!

YoakimNoa

Car(s)
Golf MK7.5 2019
Hello guys from Spain,

I currently have a 2019 Golf MK7.5 with led lights but they are NOT the ones with dynamic turn signals. I would like to make a modification and put the headlights that do have dynamic indicators and I would like to know if apart from buying the complete headlight kit (5G1052200C) I would need an additional wiring harness. (I think not, it would just be plug and play).

Thank you.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Unfortunately it's not plug&play. You need modifications to your wiring and coding.

Option 1: You buy the tail light kit (5G1052200C), it comes w/ a wiring kit 5G0052400 that you can install. Therefore you need to run wires between inner and outer tails, run a wire to the BCM, and swap two wires at the BCM. Afterwards your VW dealer can perform the SVM code 3EC1A. You could code it yourself too, please see coding list.
Option 2: Modify your existing wiring and code according to the link: Modify yourself
Option 3: Get a custom made harness that plugs into your vehicle wiring and new lights, coding, done.

Deff

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Edition
Hi guys, I'd love to swap the original tail lights of my 2016 Golf GT Edition (TSI 110 kW / 150 BHP - UK RHD), with the LED w/o dynamic turn signals tail lights.

Can anyone please tell me, if the codes provided in this post:

Left outer - 5G0945095Q
Right outer - 5G0945096Q
Left inner - 5G0945093AG w/rear fog
Right inner - 5G0945094AG w/o rear fog

would fit my car, and are the right ones (...I mean for a UK, Right Hand Drive car)?

Also, in case the answer to the question above is 'yes', can anyone advice the following:

1) If I want a 'double fog' configuration, I'm assuming that I have to choose both the 'inner' tail lights 'w/ rear fog', plus the suitable harness from JBale (...with adequate VCDS coding instructions, that I'm also assuming should come with the harness)

2) Since the tail lights I want, have no dynamic orange indicator:
a) Do I still need a harness? (...I'm assuming yes)
b) Do I still need VCDS coding?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
The MK7.5 tails physically fit your MK7, although the vehicle connectors won’t fit. MK7 uses 4Pin and 5Pin connectors while the MK7.5 uses 8pin only. You can re-pin them or get adapters. (Adapters are different from dynamic tails)

With your RHD car you would need the rear fog light on inner right side for MOT to my knowledge. Double fog can be done as you assumed. The signal gets split between the two rear fog lights then.

For vehicles with the factory European MK7 halogen tails technically you don’t need a harness. Re-pin the connectors, distribute the hatch parking lights w/ an awg20 wire to each outer tail, coding and done.
Vehicles that came w/ the European MK7 LED tails don’t need to run additional wires. Re-pinning is enough.

Deff

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Edition
The MK7.5 tails physically fit your MK7, although the vehicle connectors won’t fit. MK7 uses 4Pin and 5Pin connectors while the MK7.5 uses 8pin only. You can re-pin them or get adapters. (Adapters are different from dynamic tails)

With your RHD car you would need the rear fog light on inner right side for MOT to my knowledge. Double fog can be done as you assumed. The signal gets split between the two rear fog lights then.

For vehicles with the factory European MK7 halogen tails technically you don’t need a harness. Re-pin the connectors, distribute the hatch parking lights w/ an awg20 wire to each outer tail, coding and done.
Vehicles that came w/ the European MK7 LED tails don’t need to run additional wires. Re-pinning is enough.
Thank you very much for the feedback, mate! :)
Yes, I had the feeling that a 'double rear fog' configuration may have raised issues with the MOT, so probably not an option.

So, bottom line:
1) Yes they'd physically fit, and correct for RHD, as follows:
Left outer - 5G0945095Q
Right outer - 5G0945096Q
Left inner - 5G0945093AH w/o rear fog
Right inner - 5G0945094AH w/rear fog

2) Double rear fog is probably not an option in the UK,
3) I need adapters from 4 and 5pin (MK7) to 8 pin (MK 7.5) to connect each tail light.

Since my car comes with the factory European MK7 halogen tails:
4) I don't need a harness, but just an AWG 20 wire to link the connector of the 'inner' left tail light, with the connector of the 'outer' left tail light (...and same on the other side), after applying the adapters in the above point 3).

=======================================================
EDIT: I think I found all the hardware I need (...just need to make sure this wiring is for RHD, but I guess so), now it's only a matter of getting the lights, and find a VCDS service that can do the coding for me...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154374054704?hash=item23f1692330:g:6IEAAOSw9kNcnetL

BR

Last edited:

YoakimNoa

Car(s)
Golf MK7.5 2019
Unfortunately it's not plug&play. You need modifications to your wiring and coding.

Option 1: You buy the tail light kit (5G1052200C), it comes w/ a wiring kit 5G0052400 that you can install. Therefore you need to run wires between inner and outer tails, run a wire to the BCM, and swap two wires at the BCM. Afterwards your VW dealer can perform the SVM code 3EC1A. You could code it yourself too, please see coding list.
Option 2: Modify your existing wiring and code according to the link: Modify yourself
Option 3: Get a custom made harness that plugs into your vehicle wiring and new lights, coding, done.
First of all thank you for your help,

If I finally decide on Option 1 and taking into account that I am from Spain (steering wheel on the left side), if I am not mistaken, these are the references of everything necessary to make it work:
extra wiring required 5G0052400
left outer headlight 5G0945207G
left inner headlight 5G0945307P
right inner headlight 5G0945308P
right outer headlight 5G0945208G

Option 2: I discard it

If I decide on option 3, I imagine that I would have to buy the headlights with the references that I have indicated in option 1, but without the extra wiring necessary because I would buy the custom harness. Where could I buy it?