GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used GTI prices are nearly as high as those for new MK7.5s

Jgilber0

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
‘21 GTI S 6MT
This car is improperly labeled an s, one look at the headlights shows it is an se or autobahn

Given that I bought a new 2020 autobahn for 33 last year, I'm guessing it's an autobahn
Interesting

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
is this for all makes, newer better to buy than used right now? Also, used car market seems like the real estate market, think the real estate market will cool down anytime soon like used car prices?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I just got an offer from Vroom for my 2019 SE 6MT w/ 7k miles on it for $28k... I bought it six months ago w/ 4k miles on it for $25,6k. Safe to say things are insane rn.

Shuk'n'Jive

Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI SE DIB
Yea, prices seem to be especially crazy on the GTIs no doubt because of the MK8. I've been watching prices on 18/19 Passat SELV6 and GTs and they aren't nearly as bloated as the GTIs.
I grabbed my CPO 2018 SE 6mt last year for 21...which grew to a little over 23 with TTT and garbage fees. I was tempted to go new as well, but the differential on a new SE was still a pretty big jump and then there was the whole PF 6yr/72mo warranty.....add another 1yr/12mo with the CPO AND 0% VW financing, which I have NEVER seen on used vehicles, and it was a no brainer.
Absolutely loving my 6mt, but these prices have me thinking hard about selling since my GTI is a second car for me....and I'm really having a hard time resisting the temptation to add performance mods, which would jeopardize my warranty.

... somebody please talk me off the ledge....

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Carvana offered me 17.4 for my 2017 GTI S with 46k miles today. Bought it for 21.9 in Sep 2017. Never been so tempted to sell and buy a C5 Vette lol
You would instantly regret that. The C5 is an electrical nightmare, and I’m faster than the majority of them on track.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Carvana offered me 17.4 for my 2017 GTI S with 46k miles today. Bought it for 21.9 in Sep 2017. Never been so tempted to sell and buy a C5 Vette lol

You'll get even more from Vroom. In my experience their offer has always been at least $1,000 over what Carvana offered me. So, it's worth checking them out as well if you haven't already.

It's definitely a sellers market right now.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
If the market tanks/changes, you wonder if people are just gonna be buried/upside down on these (high) used car loans.
Or is the new norm?, and then new car makers will pull back on incentives since there's still high demand (with low supply).

Regardless, it's crazy that people are paying there high prices for the used cars right now. Great time to sell, but a bad time (IMO) to buy used.

Prices should begin to normalize once we're completely through the pandemic, the chip shortage is further complicating things as well.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You'll get even more from Vroom. In my experience their offer has always been at least $1,000 over what Carvana offered me. So, it's worth checking them out as well if you haven't already.

It's definitely a sellers market right now.
The difference was over $4k between Carvana and Vroom for me (Vroom was higher)

Jgilber0

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
‘21 GTI S 6MT
That’s interesting as I had the opposite experience.

Carvana offered me $16.1K and Vroom offered me $15.1K on my clean 42,000 mile 2015 Forester.

Also, there seems to be a lot more hate online directed at Vroom than at Carvana

gmgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
I was offered almost $3,700 more from Vroom than Carvana for my 2020 S.
Just ran it through to see what they'd offer.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Vroom:

1620399743819.png

Carvana:

1620399761235.png

This is for a 2016 SE with 55,000 miles on it.

What's wild, is I bought it two years ago with 33k miles for $18,300...