GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTH have I done?

Fishfart

Car(s)
2016 MK7 TSI
Replaced oil pan, went on test drive, got home seen a quarter size leak under car. next morning got under and noticed one bolt with some seepage, re torqued all bolts to 8nm, started car and ran approx 15 min, every bit of the 6 quarts of oil drained out on ground. looked up and saw the sludge (pic). I'm afraid of your answers...

Attachments

• 20210425_092907.jpg
    20210425_092907.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 252
  • 20210425_092916.jpg
    20210425_092916.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 259

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Since it lines up with the driveshaft boot makes me think its watery grease from there.

But idling your car with all oil leaking out sounds no fun.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
maybe wishful thinking, but did you just do this? If so, maybe watch it for a week.

reason I suggest, had a similar experience on a BMW E90 and since it was way way way way way way more difficult a service,.I was totally freaked out upon seeing seeping oil. But, after wiping it down for 2-3 days, it was fine.

Hope that it's something like that for you

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Which pan type? Metal or plastic? Metal and plastic have different torque values and specs. Plastic uses an OEM oil pan seal, the metal uses make a gasket style.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
maybe wishful thinking, but did you just do this? If so, maybe watch it for a week.

reason I suggest, had a similar experience on a BMW E90 and since it was way way way way way way more difficult a service,.I was totally freaked out upon seeing seeping oil. But, after wiping it down for 2-3 days, it was fine.

Hope that it's something like that for you
You missed the part where he said all 6 quarts are on the ground.

Fishfart

Car(s)
2016 MK7 TSI
Its the 1.8 TSI.. plastic pan cracked, replaced with steel pan. Thought i put a good bead around for seal.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

gdub09

Ready to race!
I really don't see how this could be pan related. This is upwards, on the turbo. The axle looks pretty clean and so I don't see it flinging that stuff upwards, let alone there's a shield there to catch most of that. Could be a separate issue up top?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I really don't see how this could be pan related. This is upwards, on the turbo. The axle looks pretty clean and so I don't see it flinging that stuff upwards, let alone there's a shield there to catch most of that. Could be a separate issue up top?

It could just be leaking through in one small spot under pressure causing it to get sprayed out. Think putting your thumb on the end of a running hose.