Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I feel like pops and bangs tunes is like your first PC. You get the nice flashy RBG lights, or whatever flashy neon lights were available at the time, for me it was 80mm fans that did LED skull patterns and other silly shit... combined with a glass window. Second PC is black matte, no window, no nonsense.

I'll probably kill the pops and bangs for stage 2, but it was really satisfying the first time I let it rip on the highway. I usually shift early in traffic, because whatever modifications I have on my car are for me to enjoy.
lol I've built 4 at this point and all of them have glass side panels and RGB, but all are also powerful rigs. Im just big on aesthetic and my basement really benefits from the glow as well. Makes it feel more comfortable. Might be a stupid reason, but i like it!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I crap my pants every time someone in a wrx or an ST tries to 'play.' We have a few long highway stretches where I have no problem pulling with someone but when people do it in the tight city/town areas where I live I freak out because I hate knowing they're potentially endangering innocent people.

I still have a mild pop setup and I'm 50/50 on the DV spacer I installed (probably coming off soon). It's fun when you feel like having fun but I also don't want to piss people off. I got it because It makes me happy, not because I want to flex my little 2 liter to everyone in the county.

I don't understand the street-racing-between-stoplights mindset. It's so dangerous. A guy lost his life in an AMG GT a few months ago racing on a local road near me. Always choose safety over pettiness.
Some kid in florida killed a girl i went to high school with and her infant baby while they were crossing the street on a walk. I dont appreciate this either.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/tampa...enced-thursday-in-crash-that-killed-mom-girl/

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeah Drew.....I hear you.....I just give 'em a smirk and wave 'em on....let them think whatever. I personally think it's funny when someone does that, as if we all don't know what that noise is and how it literally means nothing. I've had multiple WRX/STIs try and run me and ALWAYS in traffic....what's up with that?

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
I was on my way out to donate plasma had another gti come flying by like he thought he was the shit swerving in and out of traffic after i got on the highway i went by him like he was nothing took him awhile to catch-up then when he did he just kept revving at me i was like bro i have a line of cars in front of me what you expect to happen. After he took off i looked at it better dude was on a test drive fron the same dealership i had bought mine.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I’ll admit that a few years ago when I first for the GTI I was way more irresponsible with it. Got tagged for well over 100 in a 55, luckily the way the cop wrote the ticket it was only a $600 fine and 1 point correctable. Used all my luck there. Used to speed a lot more. Ever since I started tracking though I pretty much drive like a grandpa on the street. Street racing/weaving in traffic/driving fast around town has no appeal to me anymore. I am literally the example of “having affordable racetracks nearby reduces the likelihood of street racing.”

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I’ll admit that a few years ago when I first for the GTI I was way more irresponsible with it. Got tagged for well over 100 in a 55, luckily the way the cop wrote the ticket it was only a $600 fine and 1 point correctable. Used all my luck there. Used to speed a lot more. Ever since I started tracking though I pretty much drive like a grandpa on the street. Street racing/weaving in traffic/driving fast around town has no appeal to me anymore. I am literally the example of “having affordable racetracks nearby reduces the likelihood of street racing.”
Yep, no more crazy triple digit stuff for me either, but I've had some big ones in the past. 140 in a 45 was the worst. I've had had 2 triple digit warnings, which is why I'll never win the lottery, I've used all my luck, and was able to ditch a couple times when cops had to turn around to pursue. Just put the hammer down and turned off when they were out of sight. It helped that I drove a black, debadged Corrado and they had no idea what it was. I don't know if it's more track time or just getting old that has slowed me down. Maybe both. lol.

But seriously, I thought the title said blowup dolls.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah Drew.....I hear you.....I just give 'em a smirk and wave 'em on....let them think whatever. I personally think it's funny when someone does that, as if we all don't know what that noise is and how it literally means nothing. I've had multiple WRX/STIs try and run me and ALWAYS in traffic....what's up with that?
Having owned modded WRX's and STI's in the past, that's a rookie mistake on the Subaru's part. If you've got AWD, ALWAYS race from a dig and pray for rain. lol.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
The world is full of all sorts of people and they can't all be winners.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Some kid in florida killed a girl i went to high school with and her infant baby while they were crossing the street on a walk. I dont appreciate this either.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/tampa...enced-thursday-in-crash-that-killed-mom-girl/

I'm conflicted on stuff like this. Like, how do you punish someone for this, or what do you think is an appropriate punishment for an avoidable accident? Two kids racing (side note; who the hell races an Altima?), and they strike and kill a woman and child. Destroying the lives of her husband and her family. It's absolutely horrific as shit. But where does it go from there? Send an 18 year old away to jail, and destroy their life in return? Aren't there statistics about how frequently people turn to crime once they get out of jail, since it's hard to rebuild a life after that? Even "just" 6 years in jail when you're 18 - 20 will fuck your life up. Nothing will make the victims whole again, nothing will undo what was done. So should a teenagers life be destroyed just because they destroyed someone else's life? There was no ill will, no malicious intent. Just a horrible incident caused by a horrible mistake.

Just to be clear, I don't have an answer for that. I'm not advocating for the victim or the drivers, I'm just thinking outloud.

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
some prison time but mostly community service (if they seem sorry) in addition to the normal stuff every year on the anniversary you have to go talk in front of a group of kids about what you did.