GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What’s the thought on running engine mounts without trans mounts?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I got it. There isn't a dunce cap emoji so I just said duh.
Ah I see, I thought you were using the duh as “obviously” 😂

You wanted to use it as the:
419BB310-9A04-4784-B6AA-46A14622E9D9.gif

not_the_feds

Car(s)
1983 and 2016 GTI
It's definitely worth just doing both sides if you're already going to do one. Like a bunch of others said, they compliment each other and are designed to work in conjunction with the whole set.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
With my work done, I have to strongly encourage you replace the trans mount. Its probably way worse off of the two.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
With my work done, I have to strongly encourage you replace the trans mount. Its probably way worse off of the two.
That's the hard one to get to though... :cautious:

Yeah - both at once seems like the play.

deleteaccount

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI Sport
As thread says.
Agree with others. Do all three. I started with BFI dogbone insert and that gave me a little more cabin vibrations. BFI Engine and transmission didn’t add any more. Car had 35k. My engine mount was firm. My transmission mount was so bad it literally flopped around in my hand.

Caution: be very careful and take your time when removing the transmission mount. Make sure engine/transmission is supported well and will not shift much once you unbolt it. Slight movement is fine but if it gets out of wack to much you will struggle lining things back up. Pulling it into alignment with the bolts is not good and can cause pressure issues on the transmission case, possibly leading to cracks. If your last bolts seem to be allowing a lot of momentum then stop and get it supported better before continuing.