GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

INTERMITTENT EPC NUMEROUS FAULT CODES

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
I keep getting numerous intermittent EPC lights, check engine lights, complete loss of power episodes, limp modes. when it happens I can stop the car, shut it off, reset and its perfectly fine immediately after; drives perfectly normal to next episode 1 week, 2 weeks a month later. I scanned my car with OBD11 and got a shit ton of codes:

MAP/MAF - THROTTLE POSITION - P006800

O2 SENSOR CIRC. BANK 1 - SENSOR1 - P013100

ENGINE OIL TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT - P019600

MANIFOLD ABS. PRESS. SENS. - P115800

COLD START IDLE AIR CONTROL SYSTEM PERFORMANCE - P050A00

FUEL RAIL/SYSTEM PRESSURE - TOO LOW - P008700

FUEL LEVEL - P125000

MANIFOLD ABS. PRESSURE OR BAR PRESSURE - P010600

INTERNAL CONTROL MODULE MAIN PROCESSOR PERFORMANCE - P060C00

TURBOCHARGER BOOST CONTROL POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT P256300

TURBOCHARGER/SUPERCHARGER BOOST CONTROL "A" MODULE - P00AF00

Car is currently at VW service and is under warranty so I'm awaiting to hear what they diagnose. Just wanted some insight from the community on what the hell is wrong with my car. Car is not tuned, mostly stock except for drop in AFE air filter, silicone intake tube, and AWE track catback exhaust. Oh and 1 more important piece of info; I support burger motorsports also.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
EPC lights can be tricky to diagnose with so many potential possibilities that it's better to wait until the dealer figures it out then needlessly speculate.

What does supporting BMS have to do with it?

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
It's 100% the JB4 then. I had the same issues. The board was fucked and had to have it replaced (obviously this was after troubleshooting connections/wiring to make sure everything was plugged correctly.

Also, you don't have to be sneaky about your JB4. Hopefully you removed it before taking it to the dealer.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
It's 100% the JB4 then. I had the same issues. The board was fucked and had to have it replaced (obviously this was after troubleshooting connections/wiring to make sure everything was plugged correctly.

Also, you don't have to be sneaky about your JB4. Hopefully you removed it before taking it to the dealer.
thanks for the reply.. I def. suspected this.. and of course!! Who replaced your board? burger? what if you bought 2nd hand?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
No need to be secretive about having a JB4 lol

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
So dealer said that VW advised the tech working on my car to replace interior fuel pump 1st and see if the car throws same codes again.. they replaced and said drove my car around and no lights or faults.. so thats the lpfp? Is this is a common failure?? Costing me $50 deductible..

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So dealer said that VW advised the tech working on my car to replace interior fuel pump 1st and see if the car throws same codes again.. they replaced and said drove my car around and no lights or faults.. so thats the lpfp? Is this is a common failure?? Costing me $50 deductible..

Most likely they are talking about the lpfp which is in the fuel tank. The hpfp is right next to the cylinder head, located on the right side.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
sooooo.. I picked up my car Tues. from dealer after they only replaced the LPFP and on my 1st drive to work this morning another EPC light came on.. JB4 been removed so I cant even blame that anymore.. now I really don't know wtf the problem is.. yet to scan the car for the code but will do that tonight when I get home from work.. Pretty annoyed that dealer only replaced this and said fingers crossed basically.. now I gotta bring it back and leave it again for what to not be fixed again? just getting frustrated w the car lately.. this isn't the 1st time this has happened it keeps happening..

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Did the issue start after you had the JB4 installed? Any chance a cord was damaged somewhere?