GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rennwagen quality and fitment issues

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
i installed the rennwagen spoiler and diffuser and just want to get feedback on them. i think the orange peel on the spoiler is out of this world and the rear diffuser fit terrible. the rear diffuser just flaps at the top being as there is no way to secure it. am i making a mountain out of a mole hill here?

Attachments

• PXL_20210503_182746679.jpg
    PXL_20210503_182746679.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 350
  • PXL_20210503_182813642.jpg
    PXL_20210503_182813642.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 344
  • PXL_20210503_182819135.jpg
    PXL_20210503_182819135.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 354

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
If I may, I would like to publicly address these concerns. I will start with the Rear Diffuser.

The fitment issues seen in the posted photos do show a gap slightly larger than what is expected after install. On our test vehicle, we did not have as large of a gap as what is shown above.
However, it is a fixable issue. There is an additional step that may be necessary on some vehicles during install (adding a slight bend to the metal brackets behind the OEM valance). Not all cars are identical when you get into fine measurements. The rear diffuser was built off of our test car and had very good fitment and did not flop. (I will attach the photos of the one on our test vehicle and am more than willing to take any further pics if requested).

I do admit, this possible extra step should have been included in the install guide. But we had no evidence that it would be necessary until we were contacted about the issue. As soon as I was made aware of the issue (yesterday evening), we began working on a solution, and updated install instructions were emailed this morning to everyone who placed an order.

This is a new product, sometimes unforeseen things come up. But we stand behind our work and always strive to provide excellent customer service. That is why a return for a full refund was offered to the OP prior to this post (which was refused, but is still on the table).

As for the Spoiler extension, this is the first complaint we have received on the quality of the part. If we had been contacted about it by the OP before it was installed, a return for a full refund would have been offered.

Attachments

• 99710CC9-534E-47D0-B237-BD05640E5922.jpeg
    99710CC9-534E-47D0-B237-BD05640E5922.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 6AACFABE-4023-4EE9-B153-F5C4FA670A7D.jpeg
    6AACFABE-4023-4EE9-B153-F5C4FA670A7D.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 212
  • E7F9710C-A4B3-4F2E-AF2C-71128BCD2025.jpeg
    E7F9710C-A4B3-4F2E-AF2C-71128BCD2025.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 264
Last edited:

Terriquez88

Go Kart Champion
If I may, I would like to publicly address these concerns. I will start with the Rear Diffuser.

The fitment issues seen in the posted photos do show a gap slightly larger than what is expected after install. On our test vehicle, we did not have as large of a gap as what is shown above.
However, it is a fixable issue. There is an additional step that may be necessary on some vehicles during install (adding a slight bend to the metal brackets behind the OEM valance. Not all cars are identical when you get into fine measurements. The rear diffuser was built off of our test car and had very good fitment and did not flop. (I will attach the photos of the one on our test vehicle and am more than willing to take any further pics if requested).

I do admit, this possible extra step should have been included in the install guide. But we had no evidence that it would be necessary until we were contacted about the issue. As soon as I was made aware of the issue, we began working on a solution, and updated install instructions were emailed this morning to everyone who placed an order.

This is a new product, sometimes unforeseen things come up. But we stand behind our work and always strive to provide excellent customer service. That is why a return for a full refund was offered to the OP prior to this post (which was refused, but is still on the table).

As for the Spoiler extension, this is the first complaint we have received on the quality of the part. If we had been contacted about it by the OP before it was installed, a return for a full refund would have been offered.
Just a suggestion, would it be possible to include pre-drilled holes on the top of the diffuser for those people who wouldn’t mind tapping into the stock plastic diffuser? I have the strafe diffuser and that one has predefined hole which I used and I have zero gaps. Just a suggestion

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie

However, it is a fixable issue. There is an additional step that may be necessary on some vehicles during install (adding a slight bend to the metal brackets behind the OEM valance. Not all cars are identical when you get into fine measurements. The rear diffuser was built off of our test car and had very good fitment and did not flop. (I will attach the photos of the one on our test vehicle and am more than willing to take any further pics if requested).

I do admit, this possible extra step should have been included in the install guide. But we had no evidence that it would be necessary until we were contacted about the issue. As soon as I was made aware of the issue, we began working on a solution, and updated install instructions were emailed this morning to everyone who placed an order.

well the pictures you provided with the test vehicle are the same as my pictures, with about the same gap at top and fitment issues. i bet if you pull on the top it flops, am i right? i'm not trying to knock your product, i'm just trying to get opinions about my experience. and honestly if i would of known about the orange peel and the fitment issues i wouldnt of bought the things. i bought it on pre-sale and you didnt provide any clear pictures. youre right i about the spoiler, i did not bring up to you and being as its powder coated there isnt much that can be done but the orange peel is next level.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Attached is a link to a video that was just taken of the fitment of the rear diffuser on our test vehicle. The gap that does exist is there to make sure it does not rattle against the OEM valance.

It does flex a tiny bit when pulled on, but I would not describe it as floppy.

Diffuser Video

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Attached is a link to a video that was just taken of the fitment of the rear diffuser on our test vehicle. The gap that does exist is there to make sure it does not rattle against the OEM valance.

It does flex a tiny bit when pulled on, but I would not describe it as floppy.

Diffuser Video
So that video you sent is exactly what mine looks like which brings me back to my original point. This thing doesn't fit properly and being as the price point is so high I would of expected better. Im all about supporting someone trying to make things on the forums but this shows that sometimes ecs tuning isn't so bad. You guys need to redo this before selling them again in my opinion.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Saw the orange peel in other photos so I paid a bit more and went with Aerofabb instead.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What's bs is the aerofabb is cheaper. I paid 125 for the rennwagen and the aerofabb is 99 bux. The more I think about how much money I paid for theses things the more pissed I get.
My Aerofabb spoiler extension was $165.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
I’m confused with this spam like behavior... where you not offered a full refund?
I'm just disappointed with the quality and trying to gauge if my expectations are too high here. I bought these without seeing and actual picture and just updating their.posts with my actual pictures close up. How is this spam?

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
well the pictures you provided with the test vehicle are the same as my pictures, with about the same gap at top and fitment issues.

Soooo.... You see the product pictures from the seller/builder and they aren’t up to the quality standards that you would like, buy product anyway and get same results as seller/builder and blast on the forum? As for powder coat I’ve rarely seen any that didn’t have a decent amount of orange peel, even from top companies. But what do I know I’ve only been building cars/trucks for the last 20+ years

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
What is the Orange Peel you talk about? I've not heard this term before in the car world. Is it the marks on the spoiler? Did that happen once you peeled off a protectant wrap it came with?

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Soooo.... You see the product pictures from the seller/builder and they aren’t up to the quality standards that you would like, buy product anyway and get same results as seller/builder and blast on the forum? As for powder coat I’ve rarely seen any that didn’t have a decent amount of orange peel, even from top companies. But what do I know I’ve only been building cars/trucks for the last 20+ years
i bought it on pre-order and the photos werent painted or finished yet. they sent the photos after i said i wasnt happy with the fit, and there photos are the same. i guess i'm the asshole here.