GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Had accident - differences between Mk7 and mk7.5 panels

Apples12

Hi all
Wife had an accident yesterday, lady decided to hit her driver's side.

I'm trying to find replacement parts etc, does anyone know if there are any differences in the doors between the Mk7 and Mk7.5?

Excluding anything cosmetic on the inside/door cards. I mean the actual outer 'metal'

Thanks

cb1111

Hi all
Wife had an accident yesterday, lady decided to hit her driver's side.

I'm trying to find replacement parts etc, does anyone know if there are any differences in the doors between the Mk7 and Mk7.5?

Excluding anything cosmetic on the inside/door cards. I mean the actual outer 'metal'

Thanks
First - Take a deep breath and don't be annoyed with your wife. Regardless of fault, she feels bad and you need to support her. Apologize to her and tell her that you're glad that she is OK.

Second - there is no difference in the door skins.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
WTH does OP say he’s annoyed with his wife? Sheesh.

Apples12

Oops, I think something is being misconstrued here!
I certainly am not annoyed at my wife in any way shape or form... The lady who hit her on the other hand... I am irritated but it's how the locals here drive unfortunately.
Irritated because it happened on a roundabout. My wife was in the correct lane to go straight over, the left most lane. The other lady was in the middle lane and just swung left into my wife's car in an attempt to go left at the roundabout but missing the ton and a bit of metal in the way!

Thank you for your replies!

Note to self, don't post on forums late at night!

Apples12

He didn't refer to her as "my wife" - but that's OK, he knew exactly what I meant.
Dude, what on earth are you trying to get at?
I said 'wife had an accident yesterday, lady hit her driver side'
How did you manage to deduce from that sentence that I, in any way, shape or form didn't care for my wife?

It's an internet forum, sometimes, in fact quite often, exact grammar and pronouns fall by the wayside.

I guess had I put 'my wife' I'd be chastised for suggesting she was somehow my 'property'?

Get a grip

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Its only the front wings, & front lights/bumpers that are different shapes..with different join lines..rear bumper I think still has the same join line even though its a different style.

cb1111

Just to close the loop on the missing "my"

Your Use of Pronouns Reveals Your Personality (hbr.org)

Statement veracity analysis (en-academic.com) and from that article:

POSSESSIVE PRONOUNS

Possessive pronouns, e.g., my, our, your, his, her, and their, reveal the attachment that the writer or speaker acknowledges toward a person or object. A suspect will change the pronoun, or drop the pronoun completely, when opting not to show possession or admit association with a particular object or person. For example, "I was cleaning my gun. I was putting my gun away. The gun discharged."

Then we could, of course, look at Apple's response to my comment, but that'll just make him look bad.

In these types of statements (a forum post is a statement), lack of possessive pronouns is an indicator of stress in the relationship about whatever happened.

In his response, he never denied that he was upset with his wife. In fact, he asked how I knew:

"How did you manage to deduce from that sentence that I, in any way, shape or form didn't care for my wife?"

At this point forward however, any denials are immaterial as I have given him permission to lie.

1619878346930.png

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

POSSESSIVE PRONOUNS

Possessive pronouns, e.g., my, our, your, his, her, and their, reveal the attachment that the writer or speaker acknowledges toward a person or object. A suspect will change the pronoun, or drop the pronoun completely, when opting not to show possession or admit association with a particular object or person. For example, "I was cleaning my gun. I was putting my gun away. The gun discharged."

Then we could, of course, look at Apple's response to my comment, but that'll just make him look bad.

In these types of statements (a forum post is a statement), lack of possessive pronouns is an indicator of stress in the relationship about whatever happened.

In his response, he never denied that he was upset with his wife. In fact, he asked how I knew:

"How did you manage to deduce from that sentence that I, in any way, shape or form didn't care for my wife?"

At this point forward however, any denials are immaterial as I have given him permission to lie.

View attachment 212106
For God sakes leave @Apples12 alone. He didn't say anything wrong and I have no idea why you're making such a big deal about this.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

POSSESSIVE PRONOUNS

View attachment 212106
you do realize he said some lady hit his wife's car, it's not his wife's fault for the accident