GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I broke the plastic molding around my shift boot while I was doing the install and adjustment for the Sigma6... imagine my surprise when I see that part is $200 fucking dollars to replace. Found this entire assembly + the ugliest BFI shift knob I have ever seen for $75 shipped. All 4 pins are solid, so I'm happy. Trying to decide if I want to keep the knob or not.

Wait until you find out you can get the silver plastic trim piece for like $15 from China.

Reactions: the

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Haven't modified the car in 6 days and it was making me anxious so I picked up a new microfiber sponge for cleaning my wheels, some chemical guys wheel cleaner, and ordered some liquimoly on Amazon so I can do my oil this weekend.

I've only driven the car 3400 miles since I got it but the oil was last changed in July and that seems like way too long. It's also hovering around the min line and that just won't do.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I broke the plastic molding around my shift boot while I was doing the install and adjustment for the Sigma6... imagine my surprise when I see that part is $200 fucking dollars to replace. Found this entire assembly + the ugliest BFI shift knob I have ever seen for $75 shipped. All 4 pins are solid, so I'm happy. Trying to decide if I want to keep the knob or not.
The little clips at the front broke off?

If you fish around / under in the foam they're probably still in there. They can be reattached with hot glue and / or qbond.

I broke mine on like day 2 of ownership and just used a bit of clear tape, which was completely invisible. Months later I finally thought to actually look in there for the broke off bits.

Oscar_T10

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 VW GTI SE 6 SP
do88 intercooler got here last night.

Attachments

• 20210423_121522.jpg
    20210423_121522.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
It’s going to be nice out tomorrow so the GTI and my wife’s car are both going to be getting a good cleaning. I got a bottle of the Turtle Wax graphene flex wax today so I am going to be giving it a shot.

Attachments

• C61E8A57-A4AD-4544-8E20-6718D0FE7D0D.jpeg
    C61E8A57-A4AD-4544-8E20-6718D0FE7D0D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 68

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Not today, but a couple days ago, I received a bumper guard from @Acadia18 . Now if I can get off of these 12 to 16 hour work days to install it. I'll add it to the pile of parts the wife is complaining about being piled up in the bedroom!

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I ordered this from Amazon. I didn’t get the CarGo stuff with my car and the cardboard box I had everything in was starting to go. Seems sturdy enough so far, but I still have a few more things to toss in and then I need to see how it holds up long term.

Attachments

• C715DE04-F56D-41F1-956C-4616C427DC9B.jpeg
    C715DE04-F56D-41F1-956C-4616C427DC9B.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 108

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
1619710095050.png

Got my euro tail lights today, harness should be arriving tomorrow (no idea why they ship separate but whatever)... Fighting with UPS now over my intercooler, which it appears has been lost in transit. Which is a shame, but I've got other things to keep me engaged at the moment. Very excited about these lights, I think it'll tie the car together nicely. Thanks @edward@becautoparts.com!

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I can't tell if you're kidding or not (because it says under my name) but I have an AWD wagon.

doesn’t say anything unless you flip your phone sideways which I never do, I keep my portrait orientation locked. Carry on

Attachments

• DD15EBD0-64D6-4AC4-BB79-194EF15179B6.png
    DD15EBD0-64D6-4AC4-BB79-194EF15179B6.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 79