GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emich VW Is Mod friendly

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Dude on the way home it was about 37-38f. And I was having issues when braking. I could feel the loss of grip in the front 😂

next time I’ll bring uno cards
Man Uno cards would have been great i got so tired or watching wipeout i started to fall asleep but thought they might get upset about that.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My dealer, Penske VW, is mod friendly. I was there today and got a Fluidampr installed.
The shop foreman works on my car and he drives a hopped up GTI and tunes older Porsches.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Went to take my car into today to have the water pump replaced under warrenty. Bought the car in december took it in to an independent shop on thursday and overflow tank was empty. Emich did me a solid even though the didnt find any leaks at first did another pressure test after 3 hours then went ahead and replaced the water pump and thermostat all under warrenty. Was there from 8am to 5pm for work. They offered to get a Lyft ride for me but i feel they should have offered a courtesy vehicle. Did see @Keehs360 there getting his 24fx done on his gti and wifes gli to bad he didnt stick around but i know with his summer tires wouldnt last that long if he driving around in these temps :ROFLMAO:

VW seem to be real stingy with giving out loaners. My seat ripped last year and I took it in to the dealership and they gave me a ride back to work, and then I had to get a ride from a coworker to go back to the dealership, only to be told that they tore the new seat cover while installing it. After a few more back and forths with them they finally gave me a base Golf to drive around.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
VW seem to be real stingy with giving out loaners. My seat ripped last year and I took it in to the dealership and they gave me a ride back to work, and then I had to get a ride from a coworker to go back to the dealership, only to be told that they tore the new seat cover while installing it. After a few more back and forths with them they finally gave me a base Golf to drive around.
I dont know if its a VW thing or just a dealership thing. When we bought the car and had them throw in window tint the 3 times we took it back to have the window tint done they gave us a Tigian to drove while they did it. But that i diffrent dealership then Emich

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
My plan was to use Emich for service as they used to be a 5 minute drive from my office. Then they moved quite a bit away from me and the lack of a loaner car kills any chance of me using them at this point...

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
My plan was to use Emich for service as they used to be a 5 minute drive from my office. Then they moved quite a bit away from me and the lack of a loaner car kills any chance of me using them at this point...
For a loaner, you gotta get with a lady named Chelsea. And you’re gonna want to do this in advance, at least a week in advance.

but if you’re trying to get something quick like the 24fx service done. You’re probably not going to get a loaner. Considering that’s like a 30-45 minute thing.

I’d call service and ask for Chelsea. Leave her a vm. Give her a day or two

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
They typically help out with an uber/lyft from the dealership, but getting back is up to you.
When i was there the service writter kept offering me an uber but i was just man i aint got no were to go. Did walk across rhe street and get some dennys for lunch.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Just got back from Emich

took the GLI in. It always had this crazy ass rattle when you put the car in reverse on an incline.

I was given a loaner. By the time I got home the tech and service advisor sent me a video recording. Someone in assembly didn’t put anti rattle tape on the fuel lines that go over the trunk/tank location.

got home a sec ago. Backed it up into my garage. No issues.

totally happy with their service and communication.

definitely a 5 star interaction

68wooley

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG/DCC
Toying with having them do APR Plus on mine - primarily for the APR powertrain warranty, but also because I promised the significant other I wasn't going to molest this car so visible supporting mods for anything higher are probably off the table (for now :) )

Anyone have any experience claiming against the APR powertrain warranty?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Toying with having them do APR Plus on mine - primarily for the APR powertrain warranty, but also because I promised the significant other I wasn't going to molest this car so visible supporting mods for anything higher are probably off the table (for now :) )

Anyone have any experience claiming against the APR powertrain warranty?
Yes. At Hardey’s. Apr backed up two apr plus owners. One blew a turbo. And the other was some dsg issue.

edit. It wasn’t a dsg thing. Just remembered. Half way into an apr update the flash stopped and there was a hiccup. Even though the battery had a tender plugged in. It ruined the ecu iirc. Regardless, apr paid for the repairs

Last edited:

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Just want to give anyone using Emich a heads-up I've taken my gti in there a couple of times recently to have service done once for some warranty work the replaced the aos and cam girdle gasket. When I got home, I smelled coolant opened the hood and had coolant sprayed all over the hood and intake tube. They left a clamp lower on the hose. Easy fix to just move it up into the right place but still should never happened. Second, I took it in to have an alignment done and the front sensor calibrated 3 weeks afterwards had the acc come up as misaligned. Took it back to them they clear it up on Thursday. In the process the messed the radio up so i took it back to them on Saturday to have it fixed. After messing with it for a couple of hours the determine it needs a software update but the usb drive they use isn't updated and only the manager can fix it. On Monday morning get a low coolant light when i start the car shut it off and check coolant level and see the cap is off the reservoir. Put the cap back on went to work. Called them and told them what had happened and was like I'm going to bring the car in to have this fix i also expect to get the radio fixed too since I'm leaving work early to take care of this. Get there they fill it up take it back to do radio after another hour the tell me the usb still hasn't been updated but I'm not eligible for the software update. End up downloading correct software and installing it and fixed the problem. Unfortunately, I will not do business with them again.

2ndGTI

Just want to give anyone using Emich a heads-up I've taken my gti in there a couple of times recently to have service done once for some warranty work the replaced the aos and cam girdle gasket. When I got home, I smelled coolant opened the hood and had coolant sprayed all over the hood and intake tube. They left a clamp lower on the hose. Easy fix to just move it up into the right place but still should never happened. Second, I took it in to have an alignment done and the front sensor calibrated 3 weeks afterwards had the acc come up as misaligned. Took it back to them they clear it up on Thursday. In the process the messed the radio up so i took it back to them on Saturday to have it fixed. After messing with it for a couple of hours the determine it needs a software update but the usb drive they use isn't updated and only the manager can fix it. On Monday morning get a low coolant light when i start the car shut it off and check coolant level and see the cap is off the reservoir. Put the cap back on went to work. Called them and told them what had happened and was like I'm going to bring the car in to have this fix i also expect to get the radio fixed too since I'm leaving work early to take care of this. Get there they fill it up take it back to do radio after another hour the tell me the usb still hasn't been updated but I'm not eligible for the software update. End up downloading correct software and installing it and fixed the problem. Unfortunately, I will not do business with them again.
Emich in Boulder?