Ready to race!
5EBA4F4B-42C3-46BF-97F1-218F6C83775E.png

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Full weight 6MT Golf R. DBV2 V2 TBB, PR 925cc MPI, A2B brushless, PR lines, 31 psi E40
Nice run and fast shift but try from 4th the fastest manuals with R/Cupra gearing starts from fourth, a Golf R with Vortex XL has it with a 6.44 in 100-200 I think. Turbo must have low enough boost threshold though, tried to get a guy to try it in his Cupra but he was slower with a TTE535.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
In hindsight, it's embarrassing that I even bothered to add my 11.9 entry. Best I could do last night is 12.4x - ugh.. I see a bigger snail in my future.
None of that good Canuck 94 where you live or E85? Is it illegal to burn alcohol for personal use? 😂

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
None of that good Canuck 94 where you live or E85? Is it illegal to burn alcohol for personal use? 😂
It's great but gets costly since pricing is so sporadic, I tuned for 91 to keep it simple whilst daily driving. Unfortunately no E85 in the province, only in drums at a markup from performance shops and this one spot out in the boonies (~2 hr drive one-way).

But you bring up a good point. I usually log Dragy at the same time I'm datalogging tune revisions so I haven't done a run on 94 yet, which I should try. I wonder if I can brake boost in 4th (6MT here) to achieve slightly better times.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
It's great but gets costly since pricing is so sporadic, I tuned for 91 to keep it simple whilst daily driving. Unfortunately no E85 in the province, only in drums at a markup from performance shops and this one spot out in the boonies (~2 hr drive one-way).

But you bring up a good point. I usually log Dragy at the same time I'm datalogging tune revisions so I haven't done a run on 94 yet, which I should try. I wonder if I can brake boost in 4th (6MT here) to achieve slightly better times.
You can try with the IS38 but GTI fourth is a bit taller I think, how did you set timing in your revisions?

If you set boost with moderate timing curve and added timing till knock after then just backed off to fininsh the tune you could try that earlier revision with 94, atleast if it was higher rpm KR but best ask your tuner.