GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Retrofit ideas

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I'm a tech at a dealer so I have access to a life. I took out the downpipe. I did that part from the bottom. But just looking at it removing the battery should give you enough room. The metal hard lines tht run long the firewall look like you need to remove the downpipe anyway
That’s good you have a life, I don’t. I mod my GTI all weekend 😂

Anyway that is unfortunate about the down pipe. There’s really no way to get the metal pipes in otherwise? Shit lol

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Oh shit, autocorrect is a bitch. Lift is what I meant. The downpipe is maybe 1/2 away from the coolant pipes. It's probably possible but I can't say for sure.

Attachments

• 1618328400542246369779759392454.jpg
    1618328400542246369779759392454.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 149

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Oh shit, autocorrect is a bitch. Lift is what I meant. The downpipe is maybe 1/2 away from the coolant pipes. It's probably possible but I can't say for sure.
Thanks for the pic, that makes sense. I have the stock down pipe so maybe it’ll be easier. Hope I don’t have to take it out.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Finished mounting the dosing pump and running the lines. adding the stand pipe to the fuel pump was a nightmare. got my fingers crossed i dont cause an evap leak. just have to run wires to the rear of the radio in the glove box and bobs you uncle. or as usually happens to me the install is the easy part. getting the coding and programming is what always fucks me. ill post a pic of the dosing pump and how i mounted it tomorrow night. hopefully ill have good news as well

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Finished mounting the dosing pump and running the lines. adding the stand pipe to the fuel pump was a nightmare. got my fingers crossed i dont cause an evap leak. just have to run wires to the rear of the radio in the glove box and bobs you uncle. or as usually happens to me the install is the easy part. getting the coding and programming is what always fucks me. ill post a pic of the dosing pump and how i mounted it tomorrow night. hopefully ill have good news as well
Awesome, I’m really looking forward to see if it all works 💯

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
And... it is working. I dont know if i screwed up the wiring or not, but there is no ground i could find for the dosing pump. ran a ground and bam, working.
now the fun part of coding. i cant get it to show up in the mib. i hit the button and it says function not available

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
And... it is working. I dont know if i screwed up the wiring or not, but there is no ground i could find for the dosing pump. ran a ground and bam, working.
now the fun part of coding. i cant get it to show up in the mib. i hit the button and it says function not available
That’s awesome 🔥 So it fires up and everything? But you can’t get to the settings? That’s weird. I enabled some values for fun in 5F for the aux heater - I get the icon when I go to my Climatronic menu, but when I press it I also get the function is not available message. I noticed at the bottom of that huge list (car BAP functions or something) there is an auxiliary ventilation too.

Did you also code the clima module? I saw 2 places in the long coding where you can enable auxiliary heater.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
That’s awesome 🔥 So it fires up and everything? But you can’t get to the settings? That’s weird. I enabled some values for fun in 5F for the aux heater - I get the icon when I go to my Climatronic menu, but when I press it I also get the function is not available message. I noticed at the bottom of that huge list (car BAP functions or something) there is an auxiliary ventilation too.

Did you also code the clima module? I saw 2 places in the long coding where you can enable auxiliary heater.
Ya fired it up with odis to test.i get the same error (function not avail). i gotta go back and look, im sure im missing something somewhere. there are 4 or 5 modules that gotta be coded for the aux heater. im getting a comm error code in the 5F for the aux heater. i finished up after work, im completely forgot to take pics of the dosing pump mounting. gotta do that tomorrow, and go back a see the coding ive done so far.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

i somehow lost the aux heat button on the 5f. do you remember what you did for it?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Coding so far
01 - Engine - Byte 3, Bit 3
08 - HVAC - Byte 5, Bits 4-7 40
09 - Central Electrics - Byte 16, Bit 2

Ill update as i find more

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
i somehow lost the aux heat button on the 5f. do you remember what you did for it?
Yeah for sure, I changed these from what I can remember (left my coding Kindle in the car):

Under adaptation Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2, I changed two things, one to set auxiliary_heat_0x<something> from 'not active' to 'active'. And there's one right next to that that is by default set to "Comfort bus" but I was thinking to change it to "Databus infotainment".

Then under adaptation Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2, there's a group of like 5 values for auxiliary heating, I set to "active" the 1st and the 3rd of that group. I think I set auxiliary_heating to active, and auxiliary_heating_over_threshold_high to active.

edit- There may be more, too. I see other countries get a Settings button in the climate control window but I still don't have that on mine.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
xabhax you were right, the wires are way too short for the remote control unit and the fuel pump. F-ing bastards, lol. I’m gonna complain, maybe they’ll give me some money back.

Did you end up get the coding worked out?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
xabhax you were right, the wires are way too short for the remote control unit and the fuel pump. F-ing bastards, lol. I’m gonna complain, maybe they’ll give me some money back.

Did you end up get the coding worked out?
Nope. I get communication errors in the climate control. The climate control i got was from aliexpress. So maybe chinese market doesnt support it at all. I ordered a remote, reciever and a climate control with the parking heater button on it. Just waiting on that. It would be nice to have it in the infotainment so you can set a timer, but with the remote i can kinda live with that. It will annoy me to know end. i hate having things not work as they should.

I wouldnt complain, i tried there support once, wasnt any help at all. I ordered led tail lights from there. The harness they sent was totally wrong. They just said my car wasnt supported. Their harness and instructions are usually spot on, so a little extra wiring isnt that bad

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Nope. I get communication errors in the climate control. The climate control i got was from aliexpress. So maybe chinese market doesnt support it at all. I ordered a remote, reciever and a climate control with the parking heater button on it. Just waiting on that. It would be nice to have it in the infotainment so you can set a timer, but with the remote i can kinda live with that. It will annoy me to know end. i hate having things not work as they should.

I wouldnt complain, i tried there support once, wasnt any help at all. I ordered led tail lights from there. The harness they sent was totally wrong. They just said my car wasnt supported. Their harness and instructions are usually spot on, so a little extra wiring isnt that bad
Damn that sucks! Hope the new climate control will fix that. Are you saying though that even with the new climate, it still won’t show on the infotainment screen? I wouldn’t be happy with that either :(

So much for customer service.. I really just want to tell them the harness is clearly made wrong lol. It’s not just a little bit short, it’s like several feet short (for the remote). Like you said though it’s not the end of the world.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Damn that sucks! Hope the new climate control will fix that. Are you saying though that even with the new climate, it still won’t show on the infotainment screen? I wouldn’t be happy with that either :(

So much for customer service.. I really just want to tell them the harness is clearly made wrong lol. It’s not just a little bit short, it’s like several feet short (for the remote). Like you said though it’s not the end of the world.
It shows when you hit the menu button on the climate control. at the time i got the climatronic panel was under the impression they didnt make a gloss black trim for the regular climate control panel. turns out they do. starting to think that changing panels was a mistake.

even if kufatec harness isnt right, they did 90 percent of the hard work. i tried making my harnesses at first. never again.