GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I believe. Have you seen TallGuyCarReviews? That man's been pulled over more than I've seen cops in my life, rofl.

Nah just kidding. I've had my own fair share of pull overs with the Srt4 (like literally a ticket every 2 weeks), but that man has tons of videos of being pulled over from Cali, lol.
No, but I'll check him out.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Mine was too, feels completely normal after breakin is up. Go easy on the beans.
I definitely will! Gonna baby this clutch for 1k miles.

Edit: Clutch has alot of deadspace is it dumb to put my clutch stop back on?

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I definitely will! Gonna baby this clutch for 1k miles.

Edit: Clutch has alot of deadspace is it dumb to put my clutch stop back on?
Yes. Break it in, see how it feels after having it for about 2k miles and then make that decision.

My SB was uber stiff at the beginning with a super low engagement point; few months later it feels like a completely different clutch.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yes. Break it in, see how it feels after having it for about 2k miles and then make that decision.

My SB was uber stiff at the beginning with a super low engagement point; few months later it feels like a completely different clutch.
Yup, fully agree with this advice, don’t use the stop till the pressure plate and discs “break in”

And yeah the engagement is Always Sooo low when fresh, mines at the bottom 1-2” right now on day 3 from the floor and day 1 was less 😂. this one was exactly like my cm fx500 and the dkm twin on the first week or so, aside from this one having a very strong pedal being a stage 5, lol. The first 1-15 min of the commute you think “hey this ain’t that stiff” then on the tail end it gets to ya 😂

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yup, fully agree with this advice, don’t use the stop till the pressure plate and discs “break in”

And yeah the engagement is Always Sooo low when fresh, mines at the bottom 1-2” right now on day 3 from the floor and day 1 was less 😂. this one was exactly like my cm fx500 and the dkm twin on the first week or so, aside from this one having a very strong pedal being a stage 5, lol. The first 1-15 min of the commute you think “hey this ain’t that stiff” then on the tail end it gets to ya 😂
Yeah - and then holding the clutch in on the left turn at an intersection, like 10 seconds in, I’m like you win, and I pop it into neutral.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
That's a lot of bling. Wouldn't all those diamonds bang u up if your air bag goes off?

No, you would just become instantly bedazzled.

diamond face.jpg

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Drove for a couple miles to get the hang of it. Clutch is very tricky to get used to. After driving for abit my legs did get a little pump lol. Deadass gotta put that thing in neutral to give yourself a break. I have yet stalled the car, even though I have been close already. I got some concern on some odd noise I get if I don't give enough gas and release the clutch incorrectly from first gear I'll get a weird noise (doesn't happen often). I don't know how to put it into words. Strange because before I installed this clutch I was getting the same noise. It only happens if I get off 1st gear incorrectly. I noticed I don't give enough rpms when this happens probably 1k or lower. You guys got a sweet spot to raise the rpms to? I try to get it to 1300-1500

Lol I feel like I'm driving how I used to drive when I first got this car. Slowww

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Drove for a couple miles to get the hang of it. Clutch is very tricky to get used to. After driving for abit my legs did get a little pump lol. Deadass gotta put that thing in neutral to give yourself a break. I have yet stalled the car, even though I have been close already. I got some concern on some odd noise I get if I don't give enough gas and release the clutch incorrectly from first gear I'll get a weird noise (doesn't happen often). I don't know how to put it into words. Strange because before I installed this clutch I was getting the same noise. It only happens if I get off 1st gear incorrectly. I noticed I don't give enough rpms when this happens probably 1k or lower. You guys got a sweet spot to raise the rpms to? I try to get it to 1300-1500

Lol I feel like I'm driving how I used to drive when I first got this car. Slowww
Noises like loud vibrations?