GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor HMI "Missing" from New 2021 GTI

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Car net wasn't worth it to me. Although during free trial I once got a text from my car saying it was raining in the area and my windows were down. I was impressed, however it was in my garage at the time

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Car net wasn't worth it to me. Although during free trial I once got a text from my car saying it was raining in the area and my windows were down. I was impressed, however it was in my garage at the time
I’ve left my sunroof open multiple times in the snow. The notification has saved me about 5 times

but if the service is more than 20$ a year. Not worth it IMO

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
That'd be news to me if Car-Net can do that. I got a 30 day trial with my 2019 I bought used, but canceled it because it ended up being a couple hundred bucks a year or something like that. If it indeed can facilitate OTA updates for the MIB2 (2016-2020, afaik) that would be worth it to sign up for a month and let it lapse again. I did some googling and haven't been able to find confirmation of that, curious to hear what folks experience is.

SmurfMK7.5

Car(s)
2021 GTI SE DSG
Has there been any update on this issue? Just picked up my 2021 SE and the Performance Monitor isn't available. Window sticker shows it as part of the "Technology and Convenience" not packages and options like others. Waiting to hear back from the dealer.

vdub761

Go Kart Newbie
I received this from my Service manager @ dealership I purchased my 2021 from.

the last information that I have from VW is that this is a European function that we have no access to enable.

I have heard that if someone has a VAG-Com they may have access to turn that system on.

SmurfMK7.5

Car(s)
2021 GTI SE DSG
That doesn’t seem right as it is on the American VW website as well as right on my window sticker. I’ll be taking mine into service to see what they have to say around here.

Attachments

• C3F2CE0F-F084-4A49-A86B-7640672D6A3C.jpeg
    C3F2CE0F-F084-4A49-A86B-7640672D6A3C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 132

vdub761

Go Kart Newbie
That doesn’t seem right as it is on the American VW website as well as right on my window sticker. I’ll be taking mine into service to see what they have to say around here.

Yeah I agree, let us know

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
On both the wife’s and mine is was on the Mulroney sticker. However to my disappointment the feature was not available in the infotainment system. Took both cars in to have it enabled, technician spent 3 hours just to come back saying it’s not a feature available at this time.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Out of curiosity. Considering the feature is on the sticker but not available. Would folks be able to simply get their money back due to false advertising? Would that be a thing?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
In my personal opinion carnet is a complete waste of money and a total invasion of privacy. It tracks driver data and send driving habits/events to VW.
But you have to admit that it's pretty genius. People are paying to be tracked for little benefit.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm sure it tracks but has it ever been proven that it sends data to vw?
I imagine it's the same as Hyundai Blue or whatever it's called. You get a CEL and they will know immediately. My Veloster came with it for the first year at no charge. Of course I had it tuned, DP etc and the first time I got a CEL I got an email asking me to make an appointment to investigate the CEL. I canceled the free year.