GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Mum went with Mk7 for shopping, boys took Mk1 for a wash and ride.

1.jpg

ImpetuousOne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTi S DSG
Yesterday,

Put some time in trying to eliminate the "thump" I'm getting when shutting off either the Alpine head unit, or ignition. Wired seperate ground for the PAC and y-split the remote turn-on lead. Used the rear 12v power outlet in the hatch for turn-on since it's only "key forward/ACC" hot. Even went so far as to run a pair of wires to a switch up front so I could power the sub amp down prior to ignition shut-off. Thump is still present, but less intense🤔

Installed the NPM, but there was no way possible to mount it where Neuspeed directs. My S has auto start-stop, which I've read explains my huge-ass battery!
I know someone's going to say it, so I'm already planning on fabbing up some type of mounting plate or whatever's clever to relocate it😉👌. One thought was to stick the module somewhere behind the front bumper. I figure I'll need to open the lower tray to get at the lower connecter anyways if/when I need to remove it.

Oh, forgot about the WeatherTech front mats😎👍

Attachments

• IMG_20210410_145719157.jpg
    IMG_20210410_145719157.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20210410_125311498.jpg
    IMG_20210410_125311498.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20210409_121501149.jpg
    IMG_20210409_121501149.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yesterday,

Put some time in trying to eliminate the "thump" I'm getting when shutting off either the Alpine head unit, or ignition. Wired seperate ground for the PAC and y-split the remote turn-on lead. Used the rear 12v power outlet in the hatch for turn-on since it's only "key forward/ACC" hot. Even went so far as to run a pair of wires to a switch up front so I could power the sub amp down prior to ignition shut-off. Thump is still present, but less intense🤔
it’s common with systems, basically it’s from amp/radio powering up at the same time or too soon, you may need a time delay.
https://caraudioadvice.com/how-to-fix-amp-speaker-turn-on-turn-off-pop/

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Yesterday,

Installed the NPM, but there was no way possible to mount it where Neuspeed directs. My S has auto start-stop, which I've read explains my huge-ass battery!
I know someone's going to say it, so I'm already planning on fabbing up some type of mounting plate or whatever's clever to relocate it😉👌. One thought was to stick the module somewhere behind the front bumper. I figure I'll need to open the lower tray to get at the lower connecter anyways if/when I need to remove it.

Oh, forgot about the WeatherTech front mats😎👍
Not necessarily the Neuspeed Power Module, but I have a large battery and have had my JB4 placed between the battery and air box for months without a problem.

ImpetuousOne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTi S DSG
it’s common with systems, basically it’s from amp/radio powering up at the same time or too soon, you may need a time delay.
https://caraudioadvice.com/how-to-fix-amp-speaker-turn-on-turn-off-pop/
Thanks for the idea(y). I'll look into what adding a time delay entails.

Currently with my setup, there are 3 different ways to power it down. One with the switch I installed in the turn-on lead circuit, the Alpine's own power on/off and of course the ignition. Tried all different ways and with different periods of delay, but to no avail. From other research, it's likely something within the amp. I'm honestly not too worried about it and a bit burnt out investing so much time already. In the end I'm finding myself driving without tunes so I can hear the sweet sounds of internal combustion😋.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
A good seat is high up on my to do list. How do you like yours? I was looking at the EVO S QRT. Need to go test fit a few seats though, I’m 5’9 with a 30” waist so need to find a smaller seat that will fit snugly.
I am 5'11" 185 lbs lean and the seats fit great. I have another unopenned with sparco brackets if you are interested. Will make you a good deal.