GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
IS38! Billy installed this Fcp euro 38 yesterday with the UM tunes. He set it to 25 boosts. The limited seat time shows great smoothness and pace. VERY pleased so far.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Fender screw mod.

Hope that is all I was rubbing on.
What wheel/tire and ride height?

I'm a little over an inch lower than stock, with 255 40 17's on an 17 x 8.5 +45 with no rubbing, but I'm over -2 camber up front and -1.6 in the rear.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

I'm a little over an inch lower than stock, with 255 40 17's on an 17 x 8.5 +45 with no rubbing, but I'm over -2 camber up front and -1.6 in the rear.
Hmm, looks like I need a wider tire. Running 235/40 18 with -2.15 camber up front on an 8 inch wheel. I may be able to get away with a 245 35 18 as I am looking for a 200 or less UTQG ATM with VWR spring drop.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Schroth Quick Fit Pro installed this morning. I was sliding around in my seat too much at my last track day. Until I get a full bucket seat this should help remedy this issue.

View attachment 209912
Did you have to modify the mounting bolt? I asked Schroth about these belts and the MkVII Golf is not an authorized vehicle for these belts. Only MkVI because VW changed the mounting bolt on the outer front. They said there was not enough interest to certify the belts for the MkVII. I know a lot of guys modify the bolt, did you have to?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Did you have to modify the mounting bolt? I asked Schroth about these belts and the MkVII Golf is not an authorized vehicle for these belts. Only MkVI because VW changed the mounting bolt on the outer front. They said there was not enough interest to certify the belts for the MkVII. I know a lot of guys modify the bolt, did you have to?
I didn’t change the bolts but had to slightly enlarge the opening on the driver seat mounting bracket. The amount of material removed was very small. I will post a write up in the track section of how I did everything.

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
Got round to wrapping my head and tail lights today. I used vivid light smoke vinyl to go with the blacked out look I'm going for.

20210411_115303.jpg20210411_115334.jpg20210411_123531.jpg20210411_130524.jpg

Couple scuffs marks but I'm reasonably happy considering it was my first attempt at wrapping anything that isn't a birthday or Christmas present :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just needs a good wash now!

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI

18x8 +45 with 5mm spacers up front and 10mm spacers in the rear. 235/40/18 tires. -0.9 camber up front and -1.8 in the rear.

I'm on H&R Sports so about a 1-1/4" drop. I measured before and after (before any settling) and was down a hair over an inch so it probably settled to the advertised amount of low.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I didn’t change the bolts but had to slightly enlarge the opening on the driver seat mounting bracket. The amount of material removed was very small. I will post a write up in the track section of how I did everything.
nice, will look for it in your build thread Thanks

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
18x8 +45 with 5mm spacers up front and 10mm spacers in the rear. 235/40/18 tires. -0.9 camber up front and -1.8 in the rear.

I'm on H&R Sports so about a 1-1/4" drop. I measured before and after (before any settling) and was down a hair over an inch so it probably settled to the advertised amount of low.
The issue is the -0.9 camber and 40mm offset. Get camber plates. Car will handle better too.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Hmm, looks like I need a wider tire. Running 235/40 18 with -2.15 camber up front on an 8 inch wheel. I may be able to get away with a 245 35 18 as I am looking for a 200 or less UTQG ATM with VWR spring drop.
When I ran GS, I had 245 40 17 on a 17 x 7.5. Not ideal, but street class is pretty limited. You'll be fine with 245's on an 8", though it'll depend on which 200tw you go with. A052 and RT660 are super wide, RE71R and RS4 close to stated size. 245 Rt660 is significantly wider than my 255 Bridgestones.

I chose the Bridgestones because they're great in the wet (Florida), wear better than the A052 and RT660 (our primary site is an old asphalt runway that looks like a cheese grater), and they're super consistent run to run and right up until they heat cycle out.

If looking to track, get the RS4. Because I'm not driving much anymore, I'm throwing RS4's on my street wheels as soon as I wear out the Falken FK510 that I have now.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Did they actually lock in all the way? I tried two different sets and the tabs refused to clip into place
On the first side, the tabs were not in the beginning, I had to wiggle (carefully) and give it a good push from the front of the car. U had to make sure when u apply force the cap is sliding horizontally. That said I still managed to almost break one of the tabs on the top.

The other side fitted a lot easier since I just had the experience of doing one. You always want to start off from the inside of the cap to make sure it aligns with the bottom of the mirror arm first.

I don't think these are designed to be removed and put on multiple times. So when I remove them, there is a good chance i will break something - but for what it looks now is worth it.