GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The classy alcoholics thread

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Decided that it was finally Sour season. Started off right with one of my favorite ones in my favorite beer glass. Brooklyn Bel-Air.

Attachments

• PXL_20210326_224907589.jpg
    PXL_20210326_224907589.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 180

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just got a bottle of local bourbon. Yes bourbon can be made outside of Kentucky.

Garrison Brothers small batch

Haven't tried it yet. Was looking for the Balmorrhea, but that's hard to find.

https://www.garrisonbros.com/our-babies

bassface2112

Car(s)
2016 GTI S
I don't drink often, but if I do, I prefer to drink expensive whiskey. I buy a Green Label. Personally, I like it more than Blue Label.
And while we're on the subject of whiskey, has anyone tasted McGregor's whiskey? Do you like it? :unsure:View attachment 209910View attachment 209911
It seems like disliking Proper 12 is pretty common online, but I like it a lot. Not that I'm a connoisseur of whiskey by any means but I find it smooth and enjoyable, for a decent price as well I can't complain.

I'm also mostly mixing it into cocktails so take that as you will haha

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
It seems like disliking Proper 12 is pretty common online, but I like it a lot. Not that I'm a connoisseur of whiskey by any means but I find it smooth and enjoyable, for a decent price as well I can't complain.

I'm also mostly mixing it into cocktails so take that as you will haha
McGregor's a pretty polarizing figure...a lot of that vitriol is probably more reflective of peoples' opinions towards him, and not necessarily the whiskey, unfortunately.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Proper 12 is cheap, so it's fine for the price. Would I rather have Green Spot, (or yellow or red) or a Middleton? Of course, but they're a lot more expensive. P12 is priced like Bushmills or Powers and it's fine up against those.

I don't like blended whisky, but if I had to drink a JW, I do agree that Green is the best option. Blue is for idiots who own football teams and get bad plastic surgery. A cheap single malt is better than any JW though, prove me wrong.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Proper 12 is cheap, so it's fine for the price. Would I rather have Green Spot, (or yellow or red) or a Middleton? Of course, but they're a lot more expensive. P12 is priced like Bushmills or Powers and it's fine up against those.

I don't like blended whisky, but if I had to drink a JW, I do agree that Green is the best option. Blue is for idiots who own football teams and get bad plastic surgery. A cheap single malt is better than any JW though, prove me wrong.
JW blue is one of those ones I want to get a small bottle of just to say I've tried it lol kinda like Sam Adams Utopia beer. I paid ten bucks for 2 ounces of it. Meh at next in case anybody is wondering lol