GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah this is looking like my other best option, gonna try to sign up for an online traffic class but I'm not too sure how it works, like I guess I should call to find out if the course is valid for knocking the points off my record?
Down here, our tickets usually have the court website on them and they'll list approved courses. Or you can call the court house and ask which online courses are approved.

bassface2112

Car(s)
2016 GTI S
Down here, our tickets usually have the court website on them and they'll list approved courses. Or you can call the court house and ask which online courses are approved.
Would you know what the case would be if I'm residing in Oklahoma but I'm still using my license from California? I imagine the points would go on my CA license so would I need to do the school for there or in OK?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Would you know what the case would be if I'm residing in Oklahoma but I'm still using my license from California? I imagine the points would go on my CA license so would I need to do the school for there or in OK?
Oh, you're likely not able to take defensive driving then. But oddly, you might be able to do deferred. I was able to do deferred in NM one time, even though I lived in Texas, needless to say, I didn't get any tickets in the 90 day window. Your best option is just to call the courthouse and see what they'll offer you. Note that if your primary residence is in OK, they'll also likely give you a hard time about not having changed your license, unless you're still in the 30 day window. I got rid of my CA driver's license in a hurry. Actually, it was the plates that I ditched immediately, stupid annual sales tax.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
0408211156.jpg

D-dock.

Pretty good. Preetttaaayyy good.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Yeah it doesn't help that people drive mad slow out here so I definitely stood out, 250$ down the drain, hopefully it won't push my insurance rate too high either, being my first ticket but I guess I'll find out

They only want your money. Plead not guilty and at the court date politely ask for no points.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
don’t pay it. Go to a traffic lawyer, and pay $500 now. It will save you in the long run by not putting any points on your license.
This... In NC, it's basically pay to play. In the end, all the court wants is the money and will play ball if you have a lawyer ask to drop it to a non-moving violation (improper equipment). I think you can do that once ever 2-3 years.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
This... In NC, it's basically pay to play. In the end, all the court wants is the money and will play ball if you have a lawyer ask to drop it to a non-moving violation (improper equipment). I think you can do that once ever 2-3 years.

I’ve never had to pay for a lawyer ever. Why pay for a lawyer to do what you can do? Usually just being nice with the magistrate and officer works and you can ask them yourself to drop the points. If that doesn’t work then pay for a lawyer for the appeal, sure.

If this is truly your first ticket, I wouldn’t jump right to a lawyer because most likely they’re going to drop the points anyways at the hearing.

Experience: I’ve had over twenty tickets in the past, most with points, and all points have been dropped at or before the hearing. Never with a lawyer.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Which adapter did you choose? I have been looking into one of these but sometimes the adapter drop down gives two options and other times it gives thirty.

I actually got the adapter from the classifieds here with a different knob, but this is the one you want.

Screenshot_20210409-172938_Chrome.jpg

gti_up

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
The passenger side rear tire is just a liiiiittle too close to the fuel line shield for comfort.

Also, gotta get that flush look in the rear.

PXL_20210410_124325630.jpg