2019 Golf R
Installed my Raceseng Stratose knob.

1617917408369.png

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I don't agree with what you wrote.

I had the Dynaudio system in my MK6R - it is on par with the Fender system. With the sub in the Fender providing significantly more bass than the MK6 Dynaudio system. The mids in the Dynaudio were better, but overall, the systems are on par, in my view.

that’s cool, audio is one of those super duper elusive things where everyone has a different experience. Based on how sensitive your ears are, what kind of music you prefer, how knowledgeable you are in the realm to understand what “good” is vs what is in-built EQ amping the low end since the average consumer views that as “better.”

Dynaudio was a flat EQ with expert-tuned acoustics. It’s objectively better than Fender, but many people would actually view it was more “boring” since it has a flat EQ.

If you put an aftermarket sub on Dynaudio it’s unmistakeably superior to Fender lol, as the lack of a sub was it’s only shortcoming.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Last edited:

WhiteTigerSE

Passed Driver's Ed
Not today, yesterday. Got her washed after 4 months off the road and added new shoes. 235/40-18 as4 michs

Attachments

• PXL_20210408_214235645.jpg
    PXL_20210408_214235645.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 89

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Installed the Audi jack points front and rear, harmonic damper thingy, and attempted to install the under seat drawer on the passenger side but I didn’t know the Bluetooth module was under there and in is the way :(

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Installed the Audi jack points front and rear, harmonic damper thingy, and attempted to install the under seat drawer on the passenger side but I didn’t know the Bluetooth module was under there and in is the way :(
Got a link to the drawer add-on? I miss the one from in the Gti. The R doesn't have one.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Got a link to the drawer add-on? I miss the one from in the Gti. The R doesn't have one.
There’s a thread in the DIY forum that lists all the parts you’d need. I ordered everything from e-acca, took about 2.5 weeks to get here because a few things needed to be special ordered.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion

There’s a thread in the DIY forum that lists all the parts you’d need. I ordered everything from e-acca, took about 2.5 weeks to get here because a few things needed to be special ordered.
It won’t fit on a full power seat. The motor is in the way which is why the R doesn’t get it.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Installed the Ultra Race strutt tower bar up front. Noticeable improvement with turn in and tightening things up a bit. Went for a ride on some twisty roads to test it out and luck would have it I had a 911 Carrara S wanting to play behind me. Needless to say he got smaller in my review mirror on the four different pulls we did. Was exceptionally rewarding when he turned off into a high dollar neighborhood.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You know what would really set it off is a smooth grain leather boot to match, haha

Edit: when did you go back to the regular climate controls?

I couldn't get the capacitive one to turn on my A\C condenser, which I never noticed over the winter. First 70 degree day on the highway though, it wouldn't blow cold air.

When I first got it, I did a bunch of resets and adaptions trying to fix an issue that I didn't know couldn't be fixed; it can't do both the footwell and windshield defroster at the same time. Turns out that's due to the different ducting of the dual zone units. So I'm not sure if I messed it up then or not. But after trying everything I could, I still couldn't get it to turn on my A\C condenser.

It works fine in my buddies Autobahn (where it currently is now). Turns on the A/C condenser fine. Put it back in mine, nothing. So I swapped him for his knob-based dual zone climatronic unit, and it works perfectly fine in my car. A\C blows ice cold.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Installed BFI engine mount and Transmission mount insert. Can’t see the trans mount so here is a quick shot of the engine mount. First Impression is really good. Not at all what I was expecting. Way more smooth than I thought. I already had a powerflex lower insert (red diesel version). After I installed these I feel they compliment each other now. Feels more solid but at the same time less stress on everything. The reverse vibrations are far less after installing these. I feel after the break-in period these will feel non existent. I’m even ok if the car just feels this way from here on out. I would say 100% top 3 mods I’ve done to my car yet.

387E3BE5-59D7-475D-BF45-900FE4803387.jpeg
9CB7627E-8BCE-4296-A360-52A997E8F285.jpeg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Installed BFI engine mount and Transmission mount insert. Can’t see the trans mount so here is a quick shot of the engine mount. First Impression is really good. Not at all what I was expecting. Way more smooth than I thought. I already had a powerflex lower insert (red diesel version). After I installed these I feel they compliment each other now. Feels more solid but at the same time less stress on everything. The reverse vibrations are far less after installing these. I feel after the break-in period these will feel non existent. I’m even ok if the car just feels this way from here on out. I would say 100% top 3 mods I’ve done to my car yet.

View attachment 209625View attachment 209626
Did you install them yourself? How long was the install?

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Did you install them yourself? How long was the install?

Yes I installed myself. I consider them very simple to install. The main thing is be careful where you are jacking your engine as to not crack the oil pan. The transmission side is a little more work just because you have to remove the battery tray to get to it. The bolts securing the mount to the car can be a little tricky. I’d recommend a swivel socket. The job took me about 45 mins to do both.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yes I installed myself. I consider them very simple to install. The main thing is be careful where you are jacking your engine as to not crack the oil pan. The transmission side is a little more work just because you have to remove the battery tray to get to it. The bolts securing the mount to the car can be a little tricky. I’d recommend a swivel socket. The job took me about 45 mins to do both.
So you did it the DAP way. Jacking the oil pan scares the living shit out of me.