GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor HMI "Missing" from New 2021 GTI

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I was looking at the Monroney sticker in the window of a new 2021 GTI SE delivered last week to my local Dealer. In the "Packages & Options" box it reads:

Performance Monitor (Sport HMI) not currently enabled - see dealer for details [ No Charge ]

Nice of them to not charge Buyers for something not included. Has anyone asked their Dealer what's up with this? Are they suggesting that VW may try to perhaps install it if they maybe wish to? [Note Evasive, Commitment-free Language]

I realize that some owners think it's a silly feature and could care less, but I've never owned a GTI think it looks kind of fun. Thanks.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Have you asked your dealer to enable it? The dealer chooses what to enable for the media center settings.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Another example is the "hot country" setting for the AC. Not all dealers will enable that. Some of the settings you can do yourself with OBDeleven or Carista.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Ah, I found a post that included verbiage in a letter from WV that read "Right now, we don't have a release date for the software, but this programming does not affect the vehicle's driveability or performance. We are working diligently to make the software available."

blue-sun

Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
Any update on this? I just purchased a 2021 GTI SE and my window sticker says the same thing but it's not turned on. I had emailed the sales guy yesterday after seeing this and he responded with a link to a YT video about it but its not on in my car.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Any update on this? I just purchased a 2021 GTI SE and my window sticker says the same thing but it's not turned on. I had emailed the sales guy yesterday after seeing this and he responded with a link to a YT video about it but its not on in my car.
Just go to the dealer. It's the dealers who select the options in the media center to display.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
I contacted VW a few week's back and they stated,

"The model year 2021 GTI SE and Autobahn trims equipped with MIB3 infotainment systems are missing a piece of software called the “Performance Monitor HMI”. At this time, we don't have a release date for the software, but this programming does not affect the vehicle's driveability or performance. We are working diligently to make the software available."

They said they'd keep my case open and contact me when ready. It has to be taken care of at the dealer.

blue-sun

Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
Just go to the dealer. It's the dealers who select the options in the media center to display.

I called the dealer. They are 60 miles away from me. I bought both my VW's from them, both because I was looking for specific models (red manual 2017 Jetta GLI - old car, cornflower blue SE DSG) in stock. Same salesperson for both, and I got a great deal on the SE. He said it's a software issue, much like stated below. I guess one of the techs there recently bought an SE and is having the same issue.

I contacted VW a few week's back and they stated,

"The model year 2021 GTI SE and Autobahn trims equipped with MIB3 infotainment systems are missing a piece of software called the “Performance Monitor HMI”. At this time, we don't have a release date for the software, but this programming does not affect the vehicle's driveability or performance. We are working diligently to make the software available."

They said they'd keep my case open and contact me when ready. It has to be taken care of at the dealer.

Thanks, will do!

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
I talked to one of the techs at my local dealer and he said VW stopped enabling that feature. Apparently, the dealer has no control over it, a case has to be opened with VWoA and approved before the dealer can load it to the car. According to the tech I talked to, this hasnt happened in quite some time.

blue-sun

Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
I talked to one of the techs at my local dealer and he said VW stopped enabling that feature. Apparently, the dealer has no control over it, a case has to be opened with VWoA and approved before the dealer can load it to the car. According to the tech I talked to, this hasnt happened in quite some time.

It's strange that it's on my window sticker, so why would it not be something they give us?

My window sticker:

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
It's strange that it's on my window sticker, so why would it not be something they give us?

My window sticker:

Yep, its on my 21' gti se window sticker as well. Thats why I asked the tech when I was there getting my APR flash done.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
its been on my '21 autobahn I took it to the dealer and I called VWoA and they both acted like they had no idea what I was talking even after telling the mechanic its in the '20 because of the older version of the MIB system, and from what I can understand since its MIB3 they don't have it included in the system yet, I've gotten 3 OTA updates since I've owned the car but its been a while since I looked into this and I kinda just forgot about it. but ifs its not in the car then they shouldn't have it on the sticker.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
its been on my '21 autobahn I took it to the dealer and I called VWoA and they both acted like they had no idea what I was talking even after telling the mechanic its in the '20 because of the older version of the MIB system, and from what I can understand since its MIB3 they don't have it included in the system yet, I've gotten 3 OTA updates since I've owned the car but its been a while since I looked into this and I kinda just forgot about it. but ifs its not in the car then they shouldn't have it on the sticker.
And the window sticker shouldn't say "not currently enabled - see dealer for details". It should say not available at this time. Or like you said leave it off completely.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
You can get OTA updates with the MIB3? How's that work?