GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That's insane... they unplugged my dashcam while it was there was well. I guess it's time for a hardwire kit to go in.
Maybe because it took 22 days and the dashcam would have killed the battery.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Had the wife’s car ceramic coated, fixing a spot the factory had wet sanded and scratches from the in-laws dog jumping on the door.

Neither of those things were a reason for having it done, but the paint is absolutely flawless now and looks a million times better than new.

A few hours later the wife curbed a wheel pretty bad lol, which took me a day to notice. Moral of the story is shit happens no matter how hard you try to keep it perfect.

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Picked up the car from the body shop after having the lip painted and installed, very pleased with the result. Now waiting on the intercooler, and likely giving it the first oil change this evening with Liqui-Moly 0w20 508.00 spec... Man that stuff is pricey! But I suppose you gotta pay to play.

That looks really good. Which spoiler is it? It flows better with the body lines than many of the options out there.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Had the wife’s car ceramic coated, fixing a spot the factory had wet sanded and scratches from the in-laws dog jumping on the door.

Neither of those things were a reason for having it done, but the paint is absolutely flawless now and looks a million times better than new.

A few hours later the wife curbed a wheel pretty bad lol, which took me a day to notice. Moral of the story is shit happens no matter how hard you try to keep it perfect.

True that dude. I’ve got PPF on my whole car and ceramic on top and when my car was at Smith VW for 57 days for panoleak, it miraculously picked up a ding in the rear passenger door approximately belt level, where the techs would’ve been leaning against the car to lower the new sunroof onto the top of the car.

I didn’t notice until 12 days later, at which point reasonable doubt was their defense for not covering the PDR.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Washed the R with this stuff. Worked well and the car had a lot of really greasy dirt on it. Tried the Turtle Wax Ceramic Wet Wax. Had my doubts, and have not seen the car in the sun yet, but this stuff seems to be the shit. I did use the Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating a few months ago and have not washed it since. Can't set a bone dry mc towel on it as it will slide off a not totally flat surface.

And all made in the USA. Very inexpensive too.

View attachment 209161View attachment 209162

Did you need any paint correction prior to application?

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
glubglubglub

Attachments

• received_3783247138468632.jpeg
    received_3783247138468632.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 77

kglpdx

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Made an appointment to say goodbye to the abomination that is Fender "premium" audio.
My last car had a 10 speaker Dynaudio surround system with a giant speaker in the middle of the dash.
I feel like I'm listening to a transistor radio with this fender system.

Decided to go with the Audison Bit One, Amp, Sub, replace the speakers in all 4 doors, the tweeters and some dynamat.
Hopefully I'm making a good decision as I'm already feeling a bit of sticker shock and I haven't even dropped my car off yet.
The setup sounded great in the showroom.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Here's my car after being washed about once a week for 4 years through an automatic car wash with brushes.

View attachment 209375

Ha! I curbed my front right wheel with 400 miles on my new GTI! I have been driving a truck for so long and never had to worry about that. Luckily it is on the edges and you can't even see it unless you go looking for it. Need to learn how to park a car again...LOL

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Paint looks awesome. But your statement nailed it....that's why I stopped maintaining my wife's car's paint and interior....between her, my daughter and two dogs...it was a losing battle

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Made an appointment to say goodbye to the abomination that is Fender "premium" audio.
My last car had a 10 speaker Dynaudio surround system with a giant speaker in the middle of the dash.
I feel like I'm listening to a transistor radio with this fender system.

Decided to go with the Audison Bit One, Amp, Sub, replace the speakers in all 4 doors, the tweeters and some dynamat.
Hopefully I'm making a good decision as I'm already feeling a bit of sticker shock and I haven't even dropped my car off yet.
The setup sounded great in the showroom.

What car was that, with the Dynaudio? CC Executive?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI