GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi A3 vs. few

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Dude... so refreshing seeing people start their races from a dig. This forum tends to be focused on 60-130 numbers and roll-racing (wonder why) :sleep:
Shit u noticed that too? First day on the forums I saw that and thought “what happened to bragging about a super clean launch”

I figured it was a “fwd boi” thing. Like 90% of the folks here have a dsg. Just use launch control and let the dsg AMEX do its thing. Not much skill needed. Just reaction time.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Dude... so refreshing seeing people start their races from a dig. This forum tends to be focused on 60-130 numbers and roll-racing (wonder why) :sleep:

Yep, amen to that! Not sure where this 60-130 shit came from and frankly, kind of sick of it. It's the new dick measuring standard, for some reason. Even when racing on the streets people want to start at a 40 mph roll. Why is that? I guess it's because they don't know how to launch their car properly from a dig.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yep, amen to that! Not sure where this 60-130 shit came from and frankly, kind of sick of it. It's the new dick measuring standard, for some reason. Even when racing on the streets people want to start at a 40 mph roll. Why is that? I guess it's because they don't know how to launch their car properly from a dig.
There's just not very many places to race from a dig on the streets in a city.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Idk, I haven’t ran anyone a single time owning this car for like 4 years besides the dragstrip. Some are like a 5hr round trip. Had a riced out Celica trying to gal me on the way home last Friday, just ignore them all.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Yes, summer. Or in terms you might be more familiar with, the current temps in Austin. :)
Haha, we are at 100 already here in yuma AZ, well just dropped back down to the 90's

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yes, summer. Or in terms you might be more familiar with, the current temps in Austin. :)
Yeah, it's going to be 97 on Friday. You just said permanent, and it was 1 freaking degree here five weeks ago. My sister's in Dubai, 65 is deep winter for her.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Thoughts on the R888Rs vs the ST-1s? Pretty sure I'm going swap out my NT-05s to the R888Rs once it warms up permanently.
They definitely hook better, cut a 1.75 60’ on the dragy with 10 miles on them, and haven’t tested them out other than last Friday. I’ll be able to give better feed back once it warms up and I can launch hard on them.

Pretty confident I’ll see a 1.6 on them on a warm sticky track with a burnout.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
They definitely hook better, cut a 1.75 60’ on the dragy with 10 miles on them, and haven’t tested them out other than last Friday. I’ll be able to give better feed back once it warms up and I can launch hard on them.

Pretty confident I’ll see a 1.6 on them on a warm sticky track with a burnout.
Damn a 1.75 on the street? That’s solid