GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What to buy? GTI or GLI? That is the question...

2021 GTI S or GLI S?

• GTI is on another level, and I'd pay more for it

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • GLI is a better deal, and can be made just as good

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Beat the dealers to death on price. I got my autobahn gti for 30.3k before ttl.
It’s easy to get the autobahn for se money. Even better than se price sometimes too. No one buys the autobahn since your just a few dollars away from an R

got my autobahn for 32k

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I got the Rabbit for 26,2k before ttl.

Might be hard with so little inventory right now though?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
A friend got an r line arteon for 8k under msrp. I guess since no ones buying arteons they kinda just rot away
That's how I got my Corrado SLC years ago. It was on the lot for a year, they couldn't give it away. Still one of my favorite cars.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It’s easy to get the autobahn for se money. Even better than se price sometimes too. No one buys the autobahn since your just a few dollars away from an R

got my autobahn for 32k
No one buys the Autobahn since you're just a few dollars away from an R? Do you happen to have a mirror handy? 😂

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I bought my 2016 Certified Pre Owned (new brakes, tires, waterpump and turbo) Autobahn loaded with all the fancy lane detection stuff (which I didn't want), for 21K Cash Canadian tax in, last Feb. They also gave me free 2 year bumper to bumper warranty. I was happy with the purchase.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
No one buys the Autobahn since you're just a few dollars away from an R? Do you happen to have a mirror handy? 😂
Jim. The difference is about 4-5k. Unless you’re shopping at a dealership that marks up an R and thinks it’s some kind of fucking corvette. Or some other car worth marking up.

and in that case. You should keep shopping around. The dealership experience is always super adversarial. You’re gonna get screwed over one way or the other. Just gotta find a place that won’t bend u over to rough. And if that place is trying to sell an R over msrp, that ain’t it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Jim. The difference is about 4-5k. Unless you’re shopping at a dealership that marks up an R and thinks it’s some kind of fucking corvette. Or some other car worth marking up.

and in that case. You should keep shopping around. The dealership experience is always super adversarial. You’re gonna get screwed over one way or the other. Just gotta find a place that won’t bend u over to rough. And if that place is trying to sell an R over msrp, that ain’t it.
I guess you missed the irony of you contradicting yourself.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I guess you missed the irony of you contradicting yourself.
I saw no contradictions there. 🤷🏽‍♂️

my autobahn in particular was sitting for over 4 months. There was another autobahn there that was sitting for almost two months

The longer a car sits. The more leverage you have in getting the price down. My wife’s gli was just dropped off. Best I could do was 2k under msrp

Jim there’s a lot of good info on YouTube. You’ll learn how to buy a car. Go give those a watch.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Dudes paying 50k or more for civic type R. Crazy.

I've seen the 21 Autobahn with the Belvedere wheels and I get tingly in my pants. Wish those had come on the Rabbit Edition.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Dudes paying 50k or more for civic type R. Crazy.

I've seen the 21 Autobahn with the Belvedere wheels and I get tingly in my pants. Wish those had come on the Rabbit Edition.
Those are nice wheels

my brother in laws type r was marked up 20k over msrp. Took a long while but he got them down to 5k over msrp. Still too much IMO

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I saw no contradictions there. 🤷🏽‍♂️

my autobahn in particular was sitting for over 4 months. There was another autobahn there that was sitting for almost two months

The longer a car sits. The more leverage you have in getting the price down. My wife’s gli was just dropped off. Best I could do was 2k under msrp

Jim there’s a lot of good info on YouTube. You’ll learn how to buy a car. Go give those a watch.
I understand. The point I was making was you said nobody buys an Autobahn since it's a few dollars away from an R and then you bought the Autobahn.

On a side note if yours is a 2019 when you are stopped with your foot firmly on the brake pedal does the RPM 's go up if you switch from Drive to Sport? The reason I ask someone said that when they do that their Rpms go up to 1000 in Sport mode when stopped versus being in Drive at 700 RPM.