GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Door Sill Lighting

claytoncamilleri100

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 1.6TDi
One more question, Does the Golf come with Led Door Sills in the rear? What are they hooked up to since they don't have door controllers in the rear?

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Sorry for reviving this, a quick question regarding coding. I have wired and coded the door control modules for door sills but still nothing? Is there BCM coding required through central electronics that I need to code as well? I didn't need to code through the bcm for door exit lights. I also tried to swap pin 16 12v for my door sills and still no light.

claytoncamilleri100

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 1.6TDi
You have to enable it from the door controllers. I used OBDeleven and this Guide. Hope this helps

Screenshot_20210328-213817.jpg

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
You have to enable it from the door controllers. I used OBDeleven and this Guide. Hope this helps

View attachment 208100
Thank you, I have done this but still the door sills don't turn on. I have tied them to pin 16 for now and they still don't turn on. Is there a simple way to check of they are burnt out/broke?

claytoncamilleri100

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 1.6TDi
You can select the appropriate door controller and select output test. From there select lighting and every light should turn on. Mirror Blinker, Alarm Led, Puddle Lights and Door Sill. If it still doesn't turn on you have something with the wiring. How did you connect the ground for the door sills?

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
You can select the appropriate door controller and select output test. From there select lighting and every light should turn on. Mirror Blinker, Alarm Led, Puddle Lights and Door Sill. If it still doesn't turn on you have something with the wiring. How did you connect the ground for the door sills?
So I grounded the sill to the passenger kick panel ground, I ran the power from the door control module pin 8 (first) through the door via the connector and nothing lit up after coding the door controller for ambient light( I tried activating every thing one at a time till all ambient options were on) then using a volt meter checked the pinout on the dcm and no power to pin 8. So I tried pin 16 which I knew had power and still nothing for the sills even though the door exit lights are working fine off of pin 16.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
So I grounded the sill to the passenger kick panel ground, I ran the power from the door control module pin 8 (first) through the door via the connector and nothing lit up after coding the door controller for ambient light( I tried activating every thing one at a time till all ambient options were on) then using a volt meter checked the pinout on the dcm and no power to pin 8. So I tried pin 16 which I knew had power and still nothing for the sills even though the door exit lights are working fine off of pin 16.
Is it the same problem on the other side?

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Is it the same problem on the other side?
i tried using the driver side sill for the passenger side coding and wiring and still no illumination. this weekend i will be trouble shooting further while replacing speakers.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
I meant are both sides not working?
Sorry, niether side is working. Either they are both bad or I need some coding to get power from the BCM to pin 8 in the DCM