GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Urotuning probably adds parts to their site as necessary and everything gets entered individually.
ECS probably uses spreadsheets of entire catalogs and then they import it onto the site.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Really? Man Since aug 2020 I’ve been lied to about stock and shipping times three different times for three different orders.
Yeah really but it could be because most of the stuff I've ordered from them was simple things like spark plugs.

gti_up

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I see it's been a few days. Diggs is almost right. One thing to be aware of is if something jumps in front of you. The summers will put you at a real stopping disadvantage. Learn your wait lesson
Ended up taking the wife's car that day for what it's worth. I should have waited a week or two to put the new wheels on probably.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Stupid question. 2020 dsg autobahn GTI. Stage 1 and dsg tuned. Intake intercooler and cat back

specifically speaking about the first to second shift at pthrottle. In first the rpm’s will get to what looks like 2000-2200 rpm. Then transition for the up shift happens. Then it’ll go into second

at times. The transition feels like a clutch slip. But it can’t possibly be. Considering the low range and low throttle input. I know a dsg can occasionally see a bit too much tq and delay the up shift transition a wee bit before completing its up shift. Is that what’s happening?

sorry if I’m not making sense. I’m trying. So the rpm gets to about 2k or 2.2k in first. Transition for up shift begins and I see the revs drop maybe 400rpm. There’s a slip sensation (feels like it at least). Then upshift happens with revs immediately dropping about another 200rpm.

I've seen this happen in both D and S too. And it doesn’t happen all the time. Maybe 5% of the time is when I’ll experience this

if someone can explain what I’m experiencing I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
question. 2020 dsg autobahn GTI. Stage 1 and dsg tuned. Intake intercooler and cat back

specifically speaking about the first to second shift at pthrottle. In first the rpm’s will get to what looks like 2000-2200 rpm. Then transition for the up shift happens. Then it’ll go into second

at times. The transition feels like a clutch slip. But it can’t possibly be. Considering the low range and low throttle input. I know a dsg can occasionally see a bit too much tq and delay the up shift transition a wee bit before completing its up shift. Is that what’s happening?

sorry if I’m not making sense. I’m trying. So the rpm gets to about 2k or 2.2k in first. Transition for up shift begins and I see the revs drop maybe 400rpm. There’s a slip sensation (feels like it at least). Then upshift happens with revs immediately dropping about another 200rpm.

I've seen this happen in both D and S too. And it doesn’t happen all the time. Maybe 5% of the time is when I’ll experience this

if someone can explain what I’m experiencing I’d appreciate it. Thanks!
You weren't drinking and driving in the alley were you?

I have no idea and can't fully understand without experiencing it.

Bcraig47

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI Autobahn
So today I was driving and naturally I decided to floor it and get some speed. my blind spot monitoring light came on the mirror, I slowed down and it went out. floored it again and it went on again. looool any ideas?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
So today I was driving and naturally I decided to floor it and get some speed. my blind spot monitoring light came on the mirror, I slowed down and it went out. floored it again and it went on again. looool any ideas?
Any changes to the mirrors like a power folding swap?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Also probably unrelated, but do you have a kickdown switch or are you 6spd? I've noticed some weird issues my kickdown switch and disconnection android auto/carplay. :unsure: 🤷‍♂️