GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Obdeleven standard help

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I tried plugging the obdeleven standard dongle I got off Amazon into my 2020 GTI obd2 port but it doesn't want to go in. Shouldn't it just go in without a problem or am I doing something wrong?

Much Thanks!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Make sure it's not backwards. But I'd just get on the ground on the driver's side and visually make sure it's going in the right way. There's like this notch. Make sure it's sliding in correctly

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
Make sure it's not backwards. But I'd just get on the ground on the driver's side and visually make sure it's going in the right way. There's like this notch. Make sure it's sliding in correctly
Hey Thanks for the quick reply! Yes I did get on the ground (ouch) and but for the life of me it would not go in and I didn't want to force it in. I've attached a photo of my obd2 port.

Attachments

• thumbnail (29).jpg
    thumbnail (29).jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 111

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hey Thanks for the quick reply! Yes I did get on the ground (ouch) and but for the life of me it would not go in and I didn't want to force it in. I've attached a photo of my obd2 port.
Ok see the notch on the front in your pic? Make sure it lines up with the notch on the obd11. U have to push in gently. But if your obd port has never been mated it could take a small bit of force. Go low and slow.

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
Ok see the notch on the front in your pic? Make sure it lines up with the notch on the obd11. U have to push in gently. But if your obd port has never been mated it could take a small bit of force. Go low and slow.
This obd2 port from a 2017 looks different than mine right?

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/obd-plug-help-needed.357674/

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
It does require some pressure to get it in but I hate to tell you to use more force and end up forcing it when it just can't fit correctly for some reason causing something to break...

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
it looks like the purple cover on yours has little "ears" that stick out the sides. I don't recall those on mine. is that what is keeping the dongle from being plugged in?
Hi there,

Yes. I have returned the obeleven already to I can't take a picture but it was brand new, nothing bent or anything. It looked exactly like this. Those ear things are in the way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210401-080751_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210401-080751_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 54

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have never seen an OBD2 with those ears, it's just a tapered jack so it fits one way. Strange....