GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECM service campaign? Action Code 24FX

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Brought my car in to look at a few rattles/noises today which I'm sure the dealership loved that, but I was mostly concerned about a potential busted window regulator. I had no intentions of throwing a fit if the others couldn't be isolated and found. They weren't a big deal and were most likely related to cold weather.

Anyway, it turns out there was also a service campaign open for my car. I checked on VW's recall campaign lookup to be sure and it looks like it was for "VW Action Code 24FX" (screenshot below).

It appears to address the stalling issue found in 2019s, but I thought that was under code 24FD. 24FX also appears to address a catalytic converter failure code issue, but does anyone know of any other specifics, by any chance? 24FX is very recent, as it's dated Mar. 12, 2021. I'm just curious about any other details related to this service campaign, if there are any worth knowing about.

Also, I thought my car felt a bit lazy before the update, but throttle response felt more immediate and the transmission seemed to downshift in reaction to throttle inputs more readily. I hadn't tried resetting the adaptations before, so maybe that did something, if that's even part of the update process anyway. It also felt like there was more midrange punch for some reason (I'll be able to test this more when it's not raining and after I swap the winter tires out). This could all likely be just placebo effect too.

I noticed a slightly "lumpy" idle on cold starts as well, so I wonder if this somehow fixes that too, but I won't know until the next time the car rests long enough to fully cool down.

VW24FX.png

Bryans12v

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 GTI, 22 Tig Rline
The info posted above is also all we dealers got. I can check the campaign circular in the morning to verify.

This update was released earlier this month. Havent had mine updated yet as I'd have to pull my tune and who wants to do that.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything crazy here. I was more surprised to see that it referenced the stalling issue again as I thought a previous service bulletin was supposed to fix that. There's probably other reasons I'm not aware of as to why it got looped in with this one too though.

That said, I swear the drivetrain feels more responsive now. I have no objective data to back that up though. I tried a bit more spirited driving this evening and it really seems to feel more alive than it did before. Placebo or not, or maybe a simple reset of adaptations or something (if that even happened), I'm certainly not complaining since it feels more fun to drive!

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything crazy here. I was more surprised to see that it referenced the stalling issue again as I thought a previous service bulletin was supposed to fix that. There's probably other reasons I'm not aware of as to why it got looped in with this one too though.
The initial patch may not have fixed the stalling or the converter update may cover other cars the stalling patch did not. Either way the latest one, would in theory, cover both no matter what in the level of updates.

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
For the window regulator does it still go up and down, but can't auto go up down?

Had the same issue after taking out the battery, clearing the fault with obd11 fixes it

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
For the window regulator does it still go up and down, but can't auto go up down?

Had the same issue after taking out the battery, clearing the fault with obd11 fixes it
I actually had that issue when I first got the car, but I fixed that by doing the reset/calibration procedure that involves holding the window switch in the up or down position for several seconds (I can't remember which).

The issue that came up more recently was that I'd hear a tapping/clicking noise when the window was going down (though not up). It actually seemed to resolve itself and was likely due to some particularly dry trim or something. The rain yesterday might've moistened up the trim just enough to eliminate the noise. I was just concerned because I'm going to be rolling the windows up/down more as the weather warms up and I'd hate to have a bad regulator ruin my day.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
I noticed a slightly "lumpy" idle on cold starts as well, so I wonder if this somehow fixes that too, but I won't know until the next time the car rests long enough to fully cool down.
Any improvement?
Received my notice in the mail today.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Any improvement?
Received my notice in the mail today.
It seems like the idle is a bit smoother under certain circumstances, but there are occasions where it feels like there's a slight hiccup when idling. I thought I read somewhere that it's normal though, so I'm not too worried about it. It doesn't throw any codes either. I run premium fuel, if that makes any difference.

Otherwise, I still think the engine feels more responsive 🤷‍♂️, which I'm certainly not complaining about. I'll be interested to know if you or anyone else notices the same thing or if it's all in my head, haha.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I just got the letter today. I am trying to decide if I want to pull the tune and have it done since I have had my car for a year and never had any stalling or idle issues.

2019mk75gti

Car(s)
2019 gti
I just got the letter today. I am trying to decide if I want to pull the tune and have it done since I have had my car for a year and never had any stalling or idle issues.
Aren’t we going to be required to get this service done for registration to get renewed?

that is what I was hearing.

uvasteven

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I just got my letter in the mail. I’m a DSG car. It stalled twice when it had less than 1600 miles but hasn’t done it in the 1400 since. I’m not tuned so I’ll probably take it in.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I got my letter in the mail as well, I've got a 2020 and have experienced no issues with stalling, rough running, etc..
Does this update do anything else?
(Edited: my car has around 5k miles)

sponger85

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 Alltrack & 20 GTI
I got my letter in the mail as well, I've got a 2020 and have experienced no issues with stalling, rough running, etc..
Does this update do anything else?
(Edited: my car has around 5k miles)
I have the same model you have (with DSG) and no issues, same question you have.