GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mark 7 accelerator replacement

Mikebrad070883

Car(s)
Golf gt TDI
Hi has anyone replaced a golf 7 accelerator pedal. Does it easily swap out or will it need coding after replacement. Replacing with same part number.

Vdubfourlife

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Hello, I can tell you that I replaced one on a cc and it was plug and play with vagcom Adaptation which is very easy, can't remember exact steps, but without vag link:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Throttle_Body_Alignment_(TBA)

but can't speak for Golf 7 sorry.
But I wouldn't think they're would be issues. The only thing If I'm not mistaken is it will require Adaptation. but I believe that occurs on initial key on. I would discontent the battery then RnR the pedal. Do you have or know anyone with VAG CABLE or OBDELEVEN?

Mikebrad070883

Car(s)
Golf gt TDI
Hello, I can tell you that I replaced one on a cc and it was plug and play with vagcom Adaptation which is very easy, can't remember exact steps, but without vag link:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Throttle_Body_Alignment_(TBA)

but can't speak for Golf 7 sorry.
But I wouldn't think they're would be issues. The only thing If I'm not mistaken is it will require Adaptation. but I believe that occurs on initial key on. I would discontent the battery then RnR the pedal. Do you have or know anyone with VAG CABLE or OBDELEVEN?
Thank you for your reply. I have looked at the VW workshop manual and doesn't mention anything in regards to plugging the car in. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has the equipment to reset it. I guess a mobile mechanic could do it for me. The dealership are asking £500 to supply and fit a new one, so anything would be cheaper than that. The reason I'm asking is because I'm removing a motorbility dual accelerator. I wonder if it did go wrong I could replace with the old one again and hope it works.