GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Welcome! Augusta is a bit of a trip, but if you find yourself in the Greenville area, give a shout. A few folks call this place home and we have some meets every so often. Our C&C is the last Saturday of the month over at Michelin's HQ. Lots of breweries around though if you like that kind of thing. Jake does some GTGs for cart racing in the Charlotte area too.

RHolte

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Welcome! Augusta is a bit of a trip, but if you find yourself in the Greenville area, give a shout. A few folks call this place home and we have some meets every so often. Our C&C is the last Saturday of the month over at Michelin's HQ. Lots of breweries around though if you like that kind of thing. Jake does some GTGs for cart racing in the Charlotte area too.
Awesome. Greenville and Charlotte are not too far to hang out with other GTI enthusiasts!

Mhamstead19

Ready to race!
Sounds like that bracket may have sliced through the CV axle boot and now grease is leaking out. I suggest getting it fixed ASAP as dirt and water can enter the boot and trash the CV joint. Did they remove the axle for your strut fix a while ago?
I believe they did and that’s what I was worried about

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I believe they did and that’s what I was worried about

Take it back to them and explain what happened (they should be able to figure it out anyway). Stand-up guys over at Vintage and they will make it right for you.

Mhamstead19

Ready to race!
Take it back to them and explain what happened (they should be able to figure it out anyway). Stand-up guys over at Vintage and they will make it right for you.
Well vintage auto said it wasn’t their fault. Which is fine, I don’t know that it is. I fixed it myself, boot looks good, no tears. No more grease anywhere. So I think I’m all good. Thanks for the advice!

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Glad it wasn't anything more serious, and that everything looks fine.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Are there any dyno shops in the Greenville area that are reputable, and allow for power pulls only? TIA.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Nope, some other donut muncher. Didn't work any wrecks last night (amazingly). Back in a newer Charger after the Camaro basically rattled itself apart. The Dodge does an honest 149 ;).

Who drives the Jetta at your place?

wizmk7gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope, some other donut muncher. Didn't work any wrecks last night (amazingly). Back in a newer Charger after the Camaro basically rattled itself apart. The Dodge does an honest 149 ;).

Who drives the Jetta at your place?
The wife. Daughter drives the beetle. Wife loves the Jetta. 1.4 is impressive. I've actually hit higher speeds in it than the Gti. Softer ride, speed sneaks up on you.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Not in the South Carolina upstate, but rather in the Midlands is this beautiful R seen today in Columbia.

2021-03-26 Columbia SC Volkswagen R.jpg

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Love that color! We were down in Columbia Wednesday in the wife’s GLI.

That's a great picture GTI Jake -- two fine machines. My wife drives a Golf and me the GTI. I'll have to gather them for a similar fun shot.

Yes, the R's blue is gorgeous and unmistakable. I saw it from afar and thought that it MUST be an R. I sent the picture to my wife, noting that I'm not the only one who parks at the far end of parking lots away from everyone else. :giggle: