GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

cblock406

Ready to race!
I am not planning any suspension mods any time soon and was planning on going 18x8.5's, but are 18x9's possible on stock suspension? Have you had a chance to fit anything to a stock MK7?

smashedpotatoes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
I am not planning any suspension mods any time soon and was planning on going 18x8.5's, but are 18x9's possible on stock suspension? Have you had a chance to fit anything to a stock MK7?

If I recall, the 8.5" is virtually flush with front fender and 9" has some poke. I don't think that 9" would work without screw mod and additional camber at the very least.

GTI also has the fuel filler neck in the right rear to worry about.

Check the fitment guide for more exact answers. Cheers.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Interested in 18x8.5. I currently have good tread left on my 225 PS4S. Will that expose too much rim for potential curb rashes?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
And we are live!

The official APEX 17" and 18" VW SM-10 Group Buy has officially started! You can check out all of the official details and pledge for a set of your own over on the official Gangup page via the following link:

APEX VW SM-10 Group Buy

We have also posted an official Group Buy thread in the Golf MK7 vendor section, which you can find via the following link:

Official APEX SM-10 Group Buy Thread

Lastly, with the help of all of the volunteers who have graciously offered up their cars for testing and R&D, I present to you the official APEX MK7 Golf, GTI, and Golf R fitment guide:

Official APEX MK7 Fitment Guide

Please let me know if anyone has any questions regarding the wheels or the Group Buy process. Enjoy! :cool:

-Geirsen
I'm not a prospective buyer, but appreciate the thorough fitment guide.
It is refreshing to see all this information provided without having to call the company directly - and find out they don't know.

Love the graphite color by the way and perhaps other styles are in the pipeline.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Not having the 235/45 tires is killing me here. Might have to go with the 18" instead.
You can just source whatever tires you want on your own separately. 245/40R17 will handle better, but you lose a bit of sidewall.