GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
"What you been up to?"

Oh, you know. Just cruising around in my 500hp S4. The usual.

Lol. Knowing me who the hell knows. For the immediate future though 400ish whp sounds like plenty for me. Stage 2 it somewhere down the road probably.

Wanna leave the exhaust stock as possible because most setups sound like ass in my opinion and are entirely too loud, so that will be a limiting factor for long term power for me.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
car's going to the shop today for south bend clutch, ecs lightweight flywheel, oil filter housing leak fix....

and hopefully a stage 1 tune as long as the other stuff goes without any big surprises along the way :D

On another note, a kind gentleman came from MA to buy and the GTI and drive her home a week back. He will likely be becoming a forum member; seems he has seen it all on here while lurking. He has bigger plans for this car than i even had! Make your presence known when you join, dude!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
car's going to the shop today for south bend clutch, ecs lightweight flywheel, oil filter housing leak fix....

and hopefully a stage 1 tune as long as the other stuff goes without any big surprises along the way :D

On another note, a kind gentleman came from MA to buy and the GTI and drive her home a week back. He will likely be becoming a forum member; seems he has seen it all on here while lurking. He has bigger plans for this car than i even had! Make your presence known when you join, dude!

Close to my neck of the woods! Know what section of MA?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Hey all! Long time no see :)

Hope everyones well. Just here to pop in with recent S4 goodness :)

Previous mods:
* RS4 grille
* 10mm spacers
* Interior leds
* BFI Knob
* IE intake

New stuff (mostly)?:
* ECS Spoiler
* 'RS4' Stile fog light grilles
* Southbend clutch
* ECS Lightweight flywheel
* APR Stage 1 tune
* ECS Trans mount/insert
* Opened up/blacked out my headlights and modernized the DRL led into a real strip
* Painted calipers/supercharger red
* Upgrade subwoofer
Think that's it!

This pig is a blast! The stage 1 tune really woke it up of course. Torn on what to do next. Hard to choose a modified exhaust setup that doesn't sound like a kids first time playing the tuba, but it is a very quiet car. Also really want to tighten up the shift linkage because it's not a very sporty shifting car. Also want black wheels, i think. Then... more power baby! Heat exchanger, probably pulley down, etc...

1621455057805.png

1621455073113.png

1621455150018.png

1621455167924.png

1621455180568.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
holy ****

so the shop that did my clutch a few months back is something else.

About 2 weeks ago, only ~2,000 miles after the new clutch, i started seeing oil spots in the garage. Later confirmed it is actually trans fluid!

Part of replacing the clutch involved replacing the front and rear input/output shaft seals on the trans. The input seal is most likely the culprit, as the fluid is leaking out of the bell housing and the weep hole. Since they both ordered and installed the seal, with the clutch and all, its warranty work.

I dropped the car off last thursday (a WEEK ago now) and ever since they were like:

"There is this tiny hole on the bottom of your trans we think that is the issues. we dont know what the hole is"
Me: "Its a week hole, which helps identify that there is a leak from the seal you installed, so you need to fix it!"
Them as of today, finally: "So we agree it's 'probably something internal on the trans', so we 'will probably need to remove the transmission to identify what the issue is'" And "we are gonna call a lead tech from the audi dealership to see what their opinion is on why your trans could be leaking"

No shit?? Unbelievable. I really hope they get their shit together. It took about 3-4 weeks to get the job done in the first place. And when i brought the car home i found loose subframe bolts. Later had a horrible suspension creak which i couldn't diagnose but turned out, upon bringing it back to them, the swaybar bolts were loose! So how can you know they actually did the seal correctly?

I'm sure they are just biding their time, trying to formulate a way to screw me over since obviously its a ~2,000 dollar job that they would be missing out on. Just wait, I bet they will call and say something generic like "so your transmission is like, uh, broken, so uhh,, you like need to pay us 13,000 and we would happily replace it for you!"

Not gonna say who the shop is yet. Some of you might already know. I'm just p-o'd.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
And that sucks. Hope you get it all worked out.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
no DEFINITELY NOT jay745, he would never do my wrong!

I DON'T want to give the actual shop bad publicity, but if they really screw me over i just might make a more public statement. lol. for now, i'm just venting haha

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I DON'T want to give the actual shop bad publicity, but if they really screw me over i just might make a more public statement. lol. for now, i'm just venting haha

Safe space, vent away.

And I get it. My philosophy is to not judge a place for making a mistake (unless it happens repeatedly). Shit happens to everyone, everywhere.

How a place handles that mistake, that's what they get judged on.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Is this shop a reputable VW/Audi indy shop? Just from reading your recent posts and the mess ups that you've had, sounds like they don't know what they are doing.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Lol. Knowing me who the hell knows. For the immediate future though 400ish whp sounds like plenty for me. Stage 2 it somewhere down the road probably.

Wanna leave the exhaust stock as possible because most setups sound like ass in my opinion and are entirely too loud, so that will be a limiting factor for long term power for me.

If you WANT an exhaust, but the main thing holding you back is the volume, talk to GTI Jake. I know you live in Chicago but if he can get an S4 in his shop for prototyping he'll be able to build you one customized for your desires.

Easier said than done and likely a pipe dream but best i could offer lol. I'm SURE there are OTS options for S4's that wouldn't be too loud. It's a pretty adult car in general, i feel like the aftermarket for it should be tailored for more mature audience.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Whole new update!

I got a house and TWO MK5 Jettas!

One i got from Mr Jay745 which is now my daily driver.

It is a Wolfsburg Edition (Basically a GLI without the cool interior and exterior features) but has the 6mt and 2.0T FSI engine.

Heres what she looked like when i got her. Runs like a CHAMP with 140,000 miles! But interior and exterior need a lot of love.

1628188141944.png

1628188158128.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
So the car is great but needs some fixing up, so to speak.

So i found a guy who had a totaled GLI due to subframe damage and bought it and had it shipped to me from indiana!

1628188296115.png

Not the actual interior but has the same stuff more or less...
1628188338325.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
immediately got to work!

Got a set of OZ Ultraleggerras in decent shape with tires to throw on ole' faithful.
Stole the intake out of the totaled car and threw that right in - the important stuff first ya know!
1628188440655.png

Holy ride height, but also, holy ride quality... decisions decisions. The new car came with a cup kit suspension which idk if i want to use or not.
1628188496976.png

1628188521521.png

Lets get this ole FSI making boosty noises!
1628188556082.png