GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Dang - thank you for replying though. Hopefully it's lurking in there somewhere. Otherwise it's trade-in time 😂. Jk.

I definitely know what you mean with the clutch switches. What I'm trying to do is delay the turning off of the upper switch signal until my foot is at the floor, basically. I noticed that when coasting in neutral, if I rev the engine with the clutch not pressed, there is a lot less rev hang. Then, when I press the clutch in like I'm shifting normally, the rev hang is there. I'm thinking there could be a time interval right after you let off the gas where the ECU is looking to see if the clutch is pressed or not and that determines the rev hang behavior. So if I can delay when the ECU thinks the clutch has been pressed, maybe that would fool it into dropping the revs faster.

First I tried tying the upper clutch switch wire to positive (+) with a pull-up resistor, which made the EPC come on. Now I'm trying basically a NOT gate so the upper switch is always the inverse of the lower switch. Still throwing an EPC though :-/. I wonder if it checks the resistance of the switch as well.

I have a feeling it won't work. But it's a fun experiment at least.

I think a lot of cars have rev hang now for emissions reasons. The Subaru Crosstrek I drove before I got my Alltrack was WAAAY worse. It felt like I had to wait like 3 seconds before I could put the car in the next gear. Rev hang saved me from buying a less fun car. Thank you rev hang.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
so is this rev hang inbetween gears while you're driving?
Yup, between the gears. 1st to 2nd is really the only one that bothers me.

I think a lot of cars have rev hang now for emissions reasons. The Subaru Crosstrek I drove before I got my Alltrack was WAAAY worse. It felt like I had to wait like 3 seconds before I could put the car in the next gear. Rev hang saved me from buying a less fun car. Thank you rev hang.
I’ve heard that too, yeah. But it makes me wonder why the same doesn’t apply to automatics. How can they shift so quickly and there is no problem, while manuals have to have a built in delay?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yup, between the gears. 1st to 2nd is really the only one that bothers me.

I’ve heard that too, yeah. But it makes me wonder why the same doesn’t apply to automatics. How can they shift so quickly and there is no problem, while manuals have to have a built in delay?

It's because we have the close the throttle plate between shifts. Snapping the throttle closed creates a rich mixture condition which releases more bad stuff in to the air.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Got Tactrix support going - Windows flashing and logging is now a reality.
Still not ready for initial flashes or ECU unlocking - but we'll get there!

Logging (a eurodyne tune): ~50hz with 45+ parameters.