GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golfs everyday.. with OT journal.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, sounds complicated with getting all the angles correct and lined up without seams while working up-side-down, sort of.

Next year I'm going to hire someone to convert our outdoor screen room into a workshop/exercise room. I've been using the space to cut wood (since I don't want to dust up my garage) and to build stuff, but while it's convenient and relatively cool in the summer I can't use it in the winter.

I'm most likely going to run a separate air conditioner/heater for the room so will have my electrician install a mini-split in the garage while he's here.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Did an oil change this afternoon and took her out for a spin. Absolutely love love love my Golf-R. She is just a comical great looking car with everything I want on her, MT, sound (stereo and exhaust), and all.

1616283513202.png

Tomorrow I'm going to do my STI's oil change and take her out for a spin.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Where did you get the R side stripe? I would love to have one in blue.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
So I received a flyer from TireRack and while the tires and wheels they carry are cool, what really caught my eye was the new rolling tire shelf they carry. I would definitely get one if I plan on getting wheels for my SUPRA..

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Took my Golf-R for a nice relaxing drive. So nice. Some fat Audi SUV wanted to race so I let her win. I think it was a her..

When I got home I replaced the lithium batteries in my Golf-R's and STI's fobs.
The GolfR's CR2032 was replaced 2yrs ago and had 3v remaining, but a new battery has 3.3v so replaced it anyways. The spare fob was completely dead with its original smaller battery from 4yrs ago, so swapped that with a CR2032.

My STI's fobs were running original batteries from 2016 and still had 2.8v and functional; regardless it was time to swap them out so I did.

Cleaned up the Golf-R afterwards with some QD and tire dressing to spruce things up a little.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Took my Golf-R in for emissions earlier in the week, passed of course, took my car out for a nice drive this morning. So nice..

I got new plate tags today in the mail so I am very pleased. Going to take her out again tomorrow and do a thorough wipe down (QD), and wash my WRX. Have a good weekend everyone.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
5 months went by in a flash! Already on my last tank of gas of the season, 2 (maybe 3) more weekend drives before hibernation. I've done no mods this Summer, slacked off too much and did not do the brake bleed either. This late in the game, I'm going to do it next Spring.

Besides the nav not loading anymore (I think it has something to do with the SiriusXM subscription traffic data stuck somewhere in the BUS) car runs great. I hit 8K miles on the odo this year. Going to drive my STI next to finish off her last tank of fuel.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, the A90 does well with the ZF. Initially I didn't find the car to be that much fun to drive as I am a MT guy, but as I got more familiar with the car, I found that I can make various inputs (assist downshift blip, knowing the right RPM and throttle angle to manually shift smoothly, etc) to go beyond the factory smoothness of the drive.. which makes for an entertaining drive. The last couple of drives before I hibernated the car was actually quite fun.