• A70B6A80-368B-4C8E-BFF1-1EBEBAFA5521.png
    A70B6A80-368B-4C8E-BFF1-1EBEBAFA5521.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 78

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well you're doing it all wrong.

Clearly you missed the day in class where "Arguing with your customer base" was outlined as good customer service practices.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
thanks for the offer but i'll have to pass.
As for shooting ourselves in the foot, not really the damage was done 6 months ago. Unfortunately people believe what the 1/2 truths that were posted back then and still do. I am just trying to bring to light the lies that are being spread daily on the forums by people with malicious intentions.
That's too bad, it's a clear-cut plan to redeem your company. Most of us (myself included) weren't aware or had forgotten of this "damage" done 6 months ago but you've brought it back to light and also argued with everyone here at the same time. Your avatar flipping us off doesn't help much either. If you find this strategy isn't working for you in the near future, the offer still stands.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Clearly you missed the day in class where "Arguing with your customer base" was outlined as good customer service practices.

I just can't believe this was an honest attempt at straightening things out or trying to show the good side of TPC. What's the viewership breakdown of this thread?

2 or 3 people from TPC or sponsored by TPC
2 or 3 people who ran TPC turbos who with poor results
a handful of people that like to stir the pot
and then hundreds of people that might be hearing about or experiencing TPC for the first time?

What good is this doing? It's certainly entertaining but anyone who is in the market for a hybrid and saw this thread just trimmed their list.

Know your audience.

Navi

Autocross Champion
We implemented two changes after the failures.
1 We replaced the 9 blade quick spool turbine blade with the 11 blade we are using now
2 We increased our tolerances slightly on the turbine housing , between the housing and the turbine wheel.

Obviously there was an issue for revisions to be made. Thanks for letting us know. 👍🏾

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
It's an awful coincidence that my first two failures were friends. The amount people focusing on the number of turbos that failed is comical because it is truly a low number. I am not sure why people feel entitled to know the amount.

Scenario reality: One guy buys the tubro since it looked promising. Since friends talk, he tells his friend to go with this turbo brand because recommending things to your friends is a thing people do. Both turbos go, and I'll leave it up in the air if it's bad installation, bad tuning, or bad units, whatever.

Your scenario: Two relative no names in the car world who happen to be friends conspire together to both pay money out of their own pocket, then pay more money out of pocket to concoct a plot to tarnish your good name by sabotaging two turbos and potentially a third. Which again, they paid for, not some free sponsorship units. JUST so they could stick it to the man.

Did I get it right?

"I am not sure why people feel entitled to know the amount."

because that's what consumers do??? Well at least the ones who have more than one pair of firing brain cells. You don't think reliability is a factor when choosing one product over another? Man I guess companies like Seagate and WD are just burning millions of dollars in testing to show that their drives don't fail after 20 read/writes. Not like their enterprise clients don't want/need to know these things. I guess if they fail, just give them some customer service and a handy and call it a day. I'm sure they'll be knocking on the door to buy some more of those great reliable drives

There's defending yourself, and then there's digging yourself a deeper hole. lol

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
I just can't believe this was an honest attempt at straightening things out or trying to show the good side of TPC. What's the viewership breakdown of this thread?

2 or 3 people from TPC or sponsored by TPC
2 or 3 people who ran TPC turbos who with poor results
a handful of people that like to stir the pot
and then hundreds of people that might be hearing about or experiencing TPC for the first time?

What good is this doing? It's certainly entertaining but anyone who is in the market for a hybrid and saw this thread just trimmed their list.

Know your audience.
I agree, that's why we never responded to the original thread, but we got to a tipping point.
It's kind of hard to defend your reputation when you are the only who cares about it and the people firing off the accusations do not respond to the simple things you are asking of them

Navi

Autocross Champion
Scenario reality: One guy buys the tubro since it looked promising. Since friends talk, he tells his friend to go with this turbo brand because recommending things to your friends is a thing people do. Both turbos go, and I'll leave it up in the air if it's bad installation, bad tuning, or bad units, whatever.

Your scenario: Two relative no names in the car world who happen to be friends conspire together to both pay money out of their own pocket, then pay more money out of pocket to concoct a plot to tarnish your good name by sabotaging two turbos and potentially a third. Which again, they paid for, not some free sponsorship units. JUST so they could stick it to the man.

Did I get it right?

"I am not sure why people feel entitled to know the amount."

because that's what consumers do??? Well at least the ones who have more than one pair of firing brain cells. You don't think reliability is a factor when choosing one product over another? Man I guess companies like Seagate and WD are just burning millions of dollars in testing to show that their drives don't fail after 20 read/writes. Not like their enterprise clients don't want/need to know these things. I guess if they fail, just give them some customer service and a handy and call it a day. I'm sure they'll be knocking on the door to buy some more of those great reliable drives

There's defending yourself, and then there's digging yourself a deeper hole. lol
Great post. Exactly how it is. Thanks for posting a logical Rationale. You hit it on the head. 👍🏾. Thank you.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
That's too bad, it's a clear-cut plan to redeem your company. Most of us (myself included) weren't aware or had forgotten of this "damage" done 6 months ago but you've brought it back to light and also argued with everyone here at the same time. Your avatar flipping us off doesn't help much either. If you find this strategy isn't working for you in the near future, the offer still stands.
man , you guys really dig into things that aren't there.
I put that avatar up long people the thread 6 months ago. I saw that pic and laughed because it made me think of my trip to Japan. At the Fushimi Inari shrine in kyoto , when i was walking to the shrine at the top of mountain and a snow monkey decided to try and steal my sweatshirt. Such a great time

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
This is amazing.. I take a break from this to do some work and come back to this gem!??!

WTF is wrong with this vendor? They are now claiming something is fishy because two guys know each other? The fact is you guys told Navi to keep it hush. Navi trusted you guys again, and you caused him to fuck @BecauseMotor . That's what happened, asshole. The real stats are the 2 TPC20s you sold in NYC blew up. Two different tuners, two different installers.

You can't trust a vendor that thinks like this! These guys need to essentially be tricked in to admitting they putting out a bad product and needing to change it. Don't trust TPC!

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I agree, that's why we never responded to the original thread, but we got to a tipping point.
It's kind of hard to defend your reputation when you are the only who cares about it and the people firing off the accusations do not respond to the simple things you are asking of them

That's why they call it "reputation management" and not "reputation defense."

There was a way to support your brand and bring out the positives that didn't involve most of went down in this thread. I empathize for you and your position if it is in fact your job to handle these situations, I've been doing it for 18 years, often out in the open where other people can see it. Your ego can't play a role in this and you have to ignore the outside noise as much as you can (like the noise I'm making now.)

I hope for the best for you and TPC but like everyone else here I'm left wanting more information than you're willing or able to provide and that would not have been the case without this thread.