GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shift Knobs

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I bought this, installed it yesterday. Their euro adapter isn't the best, it sits only about an inch down on the OEM shifter rod, so the set screws do not reach the dimpled section of the rod. I ended up wrapping the smooth section with electrical tape so the set screws have something to bite into. Seems to work so far.

Knob is very heavy and feels great! Expensive but definitely a quality product. I don't love how close the boot sits to the knob though, I want to find a way to extend it about an inch.

PXL_20210309_122744799.jpg

Hubs

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I recently purchased a knob from SportShifters. I did not like the appearance or the feel of the stock knob, and after seeing a pic of the SportShifters knob here, I decided to get one. I like the shorter, more substantial-feeling knob. One thing I did not like after the installation with the stock boot is that there was too much boot to go with the knob mounted lower down. Because I am a mentally disturbed person when it comes to cars, I was compelled to do something about it. I ended up taking the stock boot to a local auto upholstery shop (GS Auto Upholstery in Millersville, MD) so they could see what I have, and they basically made a leather replica that is two inches shorter. They did this for just $40! Now I am happy with my shift knob and boot!

Before (note the saggy boot)
boot1.jpg

After :cool:
boot2.jpg

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R